“rude”

Alta Coffee & Roasting Co
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I don't need a putdown with my morning coffee by a barista. "Oh, you must be a Starbucks person. We don't call it a doppio." No, I'm not a Starbucks person and it is called a doppio in many places throughout the world. Worse yet was the drink itself; made from beans that were over roasted. May be a nice local hangout, but whoever roasted that batch certainly does not know their beans. If it is good coffee you want, head a couple of miles up the road to Kean. "Martin knows his beans"

1  Thank surfotog

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Alta Coffee is a great little spot to visit for breakfast, lunch or in the evening for coffee or tea. Sometimes I like popping in in the morning for a croissant and taking it to the beach. This is not a Starbucks at all. The cafe serves a full breakfast and lunch menu. In the evenings they will always have someone performing.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our hangout for our week in Newport. An easy walk/ride from most places on the peninsula (near 31st and Balboa) - they have a sumptuous selection of fresh made pastries daily, great breakfast, and amazing coffee! Cool location.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Every time we go to Newport, I swing into the Alta for coffee. I should really buy one of their Alta-holics shirts. I've only ever had a beverage and a scone or bagel. You know the place is good though when you see all of the locals cups on the wall and there is always a line out the door.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Where else can you enjoy fresh, local, yummy food and delicious beverages (best iced vanilla chai---ever!) without the hassle of a chain coffee shop? Alta is by far my favorite coffee shop/cafe in the U.S. In addition to the great menu, the service is always excellent and I LOVE that they do not allow patrons to use cell phones within the building. It is nice to take a step back and enjoy the ocean breeze that filters in and not have to listen to a million phone conversations nearby.