I love trains, so this place was a no brainer! We arrived late, but our caboose was open with the key inside. We had chosen the Casablanca but were moved to the Orient Express. The rooms are small (they are cabooses after all) but well appointed. A great deal of care has gone into the conversion and conservation of these cars. Our room had a jacuzzi tube, a nice treat after a long day. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the morning view of the lake from our deck as well as from our cupola was spectacular. The breakfast of french toast was very good. A small error with the bill was handled graciously and efficiently by the owners. We will return to this unique spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Featherbed Railroad is a unique bed and breakfast resort on Clear Lake where visitors experience nine vintage railroad cabooses, each decorated with an individual theme. Most of the cabooses feature in-room Jacuzzi tubs and all have an incredible view of Clear Lake. With a huge variety of nearby recreation including almost 30 wineries, this unique and romantic getaway is the perfect place to celebrate being in love or just enjoying the tranquility of the peaceful surroundings. Enjoy the private dock, sit on the porch of the 100-year-old Main Station or languish in the pool. Full breakfast daily crafted from locally-sourced and home-made ingredients. Open year 'round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Featherbed Railroad Bed & Breakfast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Featherbed Railroad Bed And Breakfast Resort
- Featherbed Railroad Hotel Nice
- Featherbed Railroad Bed & Breakfast Resort Nice, CA - Lake County