“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very nice”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay we got a phone call a day making sure our stay was up to our standards. I noticed that there are many complaints about the spiders. Most are daddy long legs they don't bother you. It was actually kinda neat to see the big cob webs. Everything is within 2 hours of the resort. My only complaint is that our baby who is a crawler scrapped his knee on the tack strip for the carpet, I myself stepped on it a couple times in different areas.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Erika D
Todd W, General Manager at WorldMark Clear Lake, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
We are pleased that you had enjoyed your stay here at Worldmark Clearlake. Yes we do have spiders here at the resort and surrounding areas. We are making some efforts to mitigate this as much as possible. As you can imagine the difficulty is finding a solution that is eco-friendly to the environment. Currently we have two vendors that are looking into solutions that will meet our needs.

I am terribly sorry about the carpet tack. How is your little one doing? Our maintenance technicians will be focusing on the threshold areas where the carpets transition from the tile.

Once again, thank you for the feedback that you have provided to us. This is very beneficial as it will only improve our areas of operation. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach back out to me.

Warm Regards,

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was a great resort. The room was quiet. I loved our suite had two stories. The main floor had one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room. However, the master bedroom and another bathroom were upstairs.

The pool was nice, there is a small playground in the middle of the resort. My kids liked playing on it. They have horseshoes and a horseshoe pit, but we did not use them. There is a big park-like grassy area in the middle of resort.

I think the spiders my be a seasonal issue. When we arrived (end of July) we saw many webs outside of the apartment, between the railing of the gates, ect. It was not until the end of our stay that we saw any spiders inside the apartment. On the day we left, I saw three inside the apartment.

The location is great if you just want to do things on or near Clear Lake. We rented a boat from an outside company (Disney Boat Rental in Lakeport) for one day. It was a great day.

We spent other days to visit the Redwoods and places on the coast. It coast is over 2 hours drive. The Redwoods were also over two hours away. It was good to visit the "near by" sites (each of them about 2 hours away). But we spent a lot of time away from the resort and in the car.

We were not impressed with the close by grocery stores but Lakeport stores (15-20 minutes away) were good.

The staff was always friendly and helpful. We had a great time there.

2 Thank Garrett240
Todd W, General Manager at WorldMark Clear Lake, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for your response back on August 4th. We really appreciate the time you spent to provide us the feedback as it will only improve our operations.

In response to your comment about the spiders. Yes they are seasonal. The lake has various hatches of insects that typically occur from June through August. When this event occurs the spiders appear, and actually help to control the hatches that come off of the lake. When temperatures begin cooling off all goes back to normal.

Any shopping needs I would recommend going to Lakeport. The prices are a bit lower and you will have more a selection.

Once again, thank you staying with us here at Clearlake. I really appreciate your feedback and if you have any other questions please feel free to reach back out to me.

Warm regards,
Yuba City, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have been members of World Mark for many, many years. We have always loved the accommodations we have found when we schedule a vacation or a business trip. The staff is always great, and will do whatever they can to make you comfortable to enjoy your stay. Many locations have gift stores or have things for sale in case you forgot to properly pack. Generally, World Mark is always a great place to stay. The resort at Nice at Clear Lake has great rooms, parking, and somethings to do. We found we can travel a short ways to Lakeport to shop, or go to the local grocery store a few minutes up the road and the prices are very reasonable. The rooms are clean and well maintained. There are gas barbecue systems in every room on the rear porch. The clubhouse has everything a person would need or want including a great exercise room, swimming pool, hot tub, and a wading pool for small children. There is a small walking pier that is large enough for people to sunbath as well as a boat launching docking location, a service road around the complex. The complex is fenced in and seems to be really safe. As usual the people enjoying the timeshare are great to know and talk to. When we arrived we had just a half roll of toilet paper and no refills. When I called to ask I was told to come down and they would give me a roll. I ended up going to the local grocery store and purchased toilet paper for the week. My final comment is one that I consider a serious blemish in the care and maintenance of the facility, and that is there are spiders, and other insects that are troublesome. We could not find a bush that didn't have spider webs. We lost a football in a bush that was full of spiderwebs and we did not want to chance retrieving the football. The building walls are full of spiderwebs and spiders. The gates into and out of the facility are full of spiderwebs and spiders. Even the walls around the pool area are full of spiderwebs. We killed a number of black spiders in our room. The encroachment of spiders and other crawling creatures made me not want to return to this facility. Out of all the facilities we have experienced with World Mark this facility needs an exterminator and a good exterior cleaning. If someone is allergic to spider bits this is not the place to vacation. Joseph P. Puccio, Yuba City.

Room Tip: Any room a travel selects will be great at this resort. However, bring bug spray to kill the creatu...
Green Features: This resort has all of the environmentally-friendly practices and there are no issues in this area.
3 Thank josephpuccio
Todd W, General Manager at WorldMark Clear Lake, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Good afternoon, my name is Todd Wisniewski and I am the resort manager here at Clearlake. I want to take the time to thank you for your response, apologize for the inconveniences that you had experienced during your stay, and address your areas of concern.

In making reference to your half roll of toilet paper, and no stock to back it up. We have addressed with our housekeeping team the importance of supplying the appropriate amount of amenities for each guest stay. After reviewing it a little more carefully and correlating it with the dates of your stay. On that specific date our shipping vendor had an unforseeble delay in delivering our product. When product did arrive we neglected to follow up and go back through your room to supply it with the necessary product. With this in mind, I humbly apologize for our error.

As for the spider issue, we are meeting with our corporate pest control vendor to take a more aggresive stand on mitigating the spiders here on site. In addition, we have contacted a few local pest control specialists to see what they are able to do for us. Secondly, we have formalized a plan here on site to utilize our available resources to knock down existing webs.

Once again, I am terribly sorry about not meeting and/or exceeding your expectations durning your most recent stay. I thank you so much for the comments that you have provided. This presents an opportunity to only enchance our levels of service. If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warm Regards,

Todd Wisniewski
Resort Manager
WorldMark at Clearlake
707-274-0118
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The WorldMark Clear Lake is just under a two hour drive from the Sacramento Airport. The resort is pretty secluded - sandwiched in between two trailer parks, there isn't much to do within walking distance. Visiting with family, the rooms were in close proximity to each other, with a nice view of the lake and close to the pool. No issues with parking, but the lot was definitely full throughout the week. The pantry items were minimal, so expect to do some shopping while there. The main grocery store, Sentry, is a short 10 minute drive from the hotel. There is a Safeway about 20-25 minutes drive from the hotel in Lakeport if you prefer.

The resort and condos were clean and well maintained. The previous comments of the spiders are half true. The outside of the buildings, trees and surrounding areas were covered with webs and spiders - mostly daddy long-legs, so totally harmless. Only 2-3 were found in our condo. It seems that the resort staff do try to maintain the spiders/webs outside the building, but I think that the resort location and climate have a lot to do with the overall amount there actually are.

Wireless internet is available at a cost (~$10). Verizon cell service is pretty weak. From what I heard, Sprint had the best coverage in the area.

We were able to take day trips out to Mendocino and Fort Bragg, about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive from the resort. Mendocino is a great town with shops and summer festivals. We were able to get out to do some Salmon fishing out of Fort Bragg. Charters leave extra early (5am-6am), so plan ahead if interested. There are some wineries close by the resort, with most tasting rooms closing at 5pm. Restaurants in the area are all pretty casual, nothing in the way of fine dining.

If you're looking for a resort town with lots of activities close by, this is probably not the location for you.

If you're looking for a quiet, secluded resort, with minimal cell service, this resort may be just what you are looking for!

Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We've stayed here a number of times over the past few years.
Everything is always in working order.

We love the fact that there are washers and dryers in the units.
After a day of hunting, it is nice to come back and wash & dry the clothes for the next day.

The tile entries are great for those rainy days when you return wet and muddy. No need to track sludge throughout the unit.

The kitchens are well stocked and are suited for fixing most basic meals.

Shake 'n' Bake, spaghetti, lasagna and bbq's (on the patio propane bbq) are all perfect fare.

One thing that I always find odd, is that the ground floor windows and sliding glass doors are always UNLOCKED when we check in. I have always wondered if the maids do this, so associates can break-in an victimize those guests who are too stupid to lock up and secure the unit when then arrive. This has happened on all four of our stays, so it is not a mere coincidence.

Parking becomes a premium when the place is booked solid (which is most of the time). Adding to the congestion are people with trailers and huge motor homes that occupy multiple spaces.
They need to create a "large vehicle" parking area, and aggressively tow those that are out of compliance.

Overall, the facilities are well maintained. The exercise room and pools are always clean.
The spa is sometimes NASTY. It apparently does not have a computer that maintains the water chemistry. Instead, they must rely on the janitorial and maintenance staff to monitor and adjust the chemicals. This does not occur on a regular schedule, as they have other duties. We have passed on the spa on a number occasions because it was brown or foamy.

Get an upstairs room, where you will not have rude overweight elephants dancing and stomping on your head. Noisy upstairs guest will keep you awake.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room so that there are not elephants dancing on your head.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TiredWorldTraveler
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a nice resort! We stayed in a two-bedroom unit, and our friends commented that it was bigger than their house in San Carlos! Lower level has spacious living room, kitchen, dining area, second bedroom and bathroom. Upstairs (it's a townhouse style) there was a HUGE master bedroom and bathroom suite. Very clean, well appointed, and comfortable unit, with the usual deck, patio table and chairs, and barbecue. We had a nice view of Clear Lake. The pool was wonderful - not too cold, and not too overcrowded with children. There is a kiddie pool and a spa as well. We enjoyed the area around Clear Lake, the town of Lakeport, and a short drive over to Ukiah where we visited the most beautiful grove of Redwoods (google the Montgomery Redwood Nature Reserve). But perhaps the highlight of the trip was our ride on the historic "Skunk Train" from the little town of Willets to Larkspur and back. SO much fun - an absolute MUST for tourists to this area! Clear Lake Worldmark was a great destination for a family vacation. If you are a fisherman (we are not) you will be delighted with this resort as well - nice pier for fishing. Absolutely nothing negative to say about this resort!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view. If you don't like carting suitcases and coolers with food upstairs, ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GrandmaWen
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I really don't get the bad reviews, the staff has been warm and friendly, the lake is beautiful, the room is fantastic. we had a one bedroom and the rooms are spacious. Because of the other reviews I knew to bring my own shampoo, so I wouldn't be emotionally scarred. There are bugs outside but I attributed that to being ONE THE LAKE! There are several exits to the lake area and if you're a runner it's a nice path with great views for your morning run.
I agree the town of Nice is small but it has what you need.
This resort is a great place to relax, I wouldn't let the bad reviews sway you.

Room Tip: The F and G building are the ones with the lake view. We were in C, closer to the road without a la...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Debi D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nice
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks
Best Western El Grande Inn
Vista del Lago Lakehouse and Cottages

Been to WorldMark Clear Lake? Share your experiences!