“Skiing Success!”

Sugar Bowl Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Norden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For passionate skiing families and adventure enthusiasts alike, Sugar Bowl-Royal Gorge offers an extraordinary mountain resort experience with four great peaks, endless cross country trails, a world-class ski team and academy, and a magical snowbound village.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Kansas City, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Skiing Success!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Sugar Bowl is the real deal. The runs are challenging and there is enough variety to keep you busy all day. Everyone from a beginner to expert can have alot of fun here. Most of all, the staff is VERY inviting. Hats off to Sugar Bowl management for focusing on customer service.

Now if you're looking for a "resort," experience then go to Squaw Valley, but you would definitely pay more and have more crowds. If you just want to ski great runs, have little to no waiting, plus enjoy the shortest drive of any ski resort from Sacramento or the Bay Area, then this is it. Plus I did notice MANY instructors and small kids. Seems like their ski school is top notch.

In brief, I would highly recommend Sugar Bowl.

Visited March 2014

sur5
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not updated website”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Overall the staff was friendly and helpful. However we were disappointed at how kids lessons are advertised in their website as starting at 10.30 when they actually started at 9.30 ( my kids missed out on an hour of lessons and nothing was offered to compensate for that even though it was sugarbowl's fault). In their website it also clearly states lift tickets include free lesson and once again this wasn't the case. Due to lack of snow we were told holiday prices are not being charged but everyday we got charged something different randomly. Double check things before u go if u don't want to get suprises!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank sur5
navarre, fl
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“No new snow, but had a blast anyway.”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We were in San Fran for holidays and decided to treat my son to some skiing in Tahoe. We searched and called and spoke with locals. Although this isn't a huge resort, it is big enough and still provides a good time. We hadn't skied in many years, but after a few runs on the blue (bunny slope) we headed over to the more difficult runs. I have skied at multiple sites in Colorado, and although the current weather has not provided the natural base this resort is used to, they provided a wonderful experience for us. We would visit here again without question. Food in lodge was very well prepared, little pricey for me, but good quality and maybe I am just a bit tighter than I should be.

The staff at the lifts were very nice and a pleasure to speak with while waiting in short lines. All the staff there seemed to be well versed and patient to all the needs we and others had. I never felt like I was not one of the best skiers on the hill, quite the opposite, they made me feel like a champion.

Great time, and value overall.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Spectre13
Davis, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Free lessons discontinued”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

After my sterling review of Sugar Bowl ski resort (near Truckee, CA) last year, featuring their free ski lessons and ski equipment with a lift ticket, I just found out that they discontinued the free lessons--not sure about the equipment. This is too bad, as the free lessons were a great perk! The slopes are still great and the people friendly, and Clair Tappaan Lodge is nearby for an inexpensive O/N with food included, but I wanted to update my previous review so people know about the change in the lessons offer.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Laurie F
Weimar, California
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Learn here”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

They were wonderful teaching our son to snow board and ski. I recommend lessons by these folks. The slopes were great for beginners and intermediate from what was seen. The place is very affordable compared to several other places.

Visited January 2013