“nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Highlands
grandmakarenjo
“nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel is an old air force base. Beautiful grounds. The room is small but nice. Free hot breakfast, free wifi in the room, refrigerator , microwave and comfortable bed. We came for a
conference but would stay again for pleasure. Staff was awesome.

Room Tip: We were in the manor house rooms and were farthest from the pool and breakfast but it was a pretty w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank grandmakarenjo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have to say that this Hotel provided the most amazing customer service I have ever known. The manager was unbelievably accommodating and went above and beyond to please me.... I cannot express how wonderful their staff truly was.... I have stayed in many different hotels and this was by far the best customer service hands down.... God bless them! Especially the manager.... She was beautiful and so kind. She allowed me to switch rooms when it was not a convenient or easy process to do.... I so appreciated her!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank bellabearloveJesus
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I attended a women's church conference and the room was adequate (priced fairly); clean. Beds a bit lumpy, (just like home ): , The restaurant was good and bar had good drinks as very reasonable prices. The conference hall was very noisy and was somewhat hard to hear in due to echo from high ceiling. There was a very loud event (volleyball tournament) in the building also and that interfered with our conference only slightly, due to noise factor. Our food was ok, but nothing special, whether that was our conference planners fault or the caterer I don't know. The venue for the banquet at the Air Museum was terrific. I felt very safe walking back to my room in the dark at 10 p.m...felt neighborhood was safe...many of us senior women walked and felt safe. Easy to drive to venues and very adequate parking throughout.

Room Tip: had a first floor room and it was quiet...probably depends on location and who is in upper units as...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carol N
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Staff at the North Highlands Lions Gate Hotel was nice, friendly and informative..........................................................................................................................................

Room Tip: good all you can eat breakfast
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank George267
Forest Falls, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The facility and grounds are beautiful. Located at McCellen Airbase this hotel sets you back in time to the 1940s World War II era. The buildings and grounds are well preserved. The architecture is incredible. Did I mention the beautiful grounds? Nice restaurant on site and a bar that's been serving drinks for many decades. When I come to McCellan for business I always stay here. Love the charming buildings and grounds.
There is a drawback and that's the location. It's a beautiful bit of paradise located next to a blighted neighborhood. Although it is gated and very safe. Must walk around and step back in time. Staff extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SPNQUEN
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel is on historic grounds but the surrounding area looks like a Red Light District. We were advised to avoid walking outside the compound for safety. I checked into my little dark room on Monday, March 3, 2014. Check out date was March 6, 2014. Tuesday night, March 4th, someone tried getting into my room while I was in bed. I had the door dead bolted which helped, as I could hear the key card was unlocking my door. I was concerned, esp as I wasn't sure if that old deadbolt on that old door was going to hold their persistence in trying to unjam the door. I shouted through my door that this room was mine. The lady apologized and said she was issued the room. I called the front desk who admitted she gave the room to the other and that I was not in the system. I assured her I had to be in the system. Five minutes later, the front desk called me back, she told the other customer who I was and then handed the phone to that customer so we could hash out who the room really belonged to. Unbelievable. My advise to her was, "you dont want to stay here!". Unfortunately, they were all booked and she had no place to go. Why the front desk thinks that is my problem is beyond me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Laura S
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel is located adjacent to the old McClellan AFB and the Forest ServiceWildland Fire Training Center. Walking distance to all!
THe O Club provides good meals and has a full bar as well.
Rooms are nice, clean.

Room Tip: No fitness center but you can get a discount at a local club near by.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ramada Sacramento
#46 of 80 in Sacramento
Americas Best Value Inn Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento

Been to Lions Gate Hotel - A Lexington Legacy Hotel? Share your experiences!