“Pointer to truth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North San Juan
Pleasant Valley Sanctuary
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Pleasant Valley Sanctuary provided not just a wonderful setting (my own comfy cozy cabin and a beautiful natural environment) and delicious, healthy, vegetarian food (serendipitously resulting in over 2” of weight loss from my waist and hips!), an opportunity to learn and explore the spiritual side of yoga (with no pressure or judgement) but most significantly, it provided an essential hinge, allowing me to open a door within me. I left feeling physically, mentally, and spiritually elevated. As if I actually ‘graduated’ into the next phase of life, as a better, clearer, higher, calmer, more aware soul than the one I was upon arriving 2 months prior. It is said that a good teacher does not so much tell you what to do, but is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for themselves. I highly recommend PSV for anyone seeking their own truth :).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank BJFromm
There are newer reviews for Pleasant Valley Sanctuary

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Pleasant Valley Sanctuary is a magical place that will cleanse and rejuvenate your soul. Bring you closer to nature and connect you to the power of spirit. The accommodations are rustic, simple and comfortable.The food is divine! All organic, fresh and straight from the garden. Take a hike down to the beautiful Yuba river by day. At night you can lay in bed and gaze at the stars through the sky light of your own cabin! Naomi and Jamie are kind souls and will ensure you have a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Xchrissyx27
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The title is not an overstatement. I am not saying my 4 days at the sanctuary reconfigured my DNA, but the corse of my life, what is important to me and what I wish to engage in has been altered by my stay. I am so grateful for this. I spent my time at the sanctuary during January of 2013, when there is little activity, few people and a close family vibe with the inhabitants. I was apart of the 'intern' program, choosing to work 5 hours a day in lieu of money for meals, yoga training and shelter. There were 4 of us, another visitor and I, and the two permeant residents, Jamie and Naomi. I became close with each of them through our meditations, meals, construction project. The sanctuary and surrounding area attracts wonderful, dedicated, passionate and spiritual souls. I learned so much, specifically from Jamie who introduced me to several potent meditation techniques which we practiced regularly during my stay, and donated his time for spiritual discussion with me. With that, the special talks, cooking and welcomeness from Naomi; the fellow searching, open and loving energy from Becky; and our communal intention towards growth in our spiritual yogic practice, I experienced a life altering transformation at Pleasant Valley. I have come home with reenergized intentions; wanting to continue eating simpler, have a centralized meditation practice in my life, and seek a community similar to what I found at the sanctuary. All this helps me be more of who I am with lessened power from fears, addictions and distractions I encounter. The sanctuary is a beautiful, encouraging place for people to show up to the challenging internal battleground. Thank you guys for providing this much needed center!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thewoodsman003
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I can't begin explaining the awesome experience I had here so I will start with the basics of Valley Sanctuary, The sanctuary is beautiful. I traveled 4 months before coming here and I can safely say, besides Machu PIchu, this was the most beautiful place I have seen. I am convinced the high frequency and positive energy of the entire community has a lot do with this uplifting aura. It's a calm serene environment that helped bring awareness to what is actually important in my life. The food they serve is absolutely fantastic and everyone can partake in the cooking, gathering, or growing of it. This was my first experience with organic, local and fresh food every single day. The small cabins which luckily do not have wifi are cozy and convenient. I feel as if Pleasant Valley has spoiled me with the simplicities of life. I felt supported attending meditation in the early mornings and early evenings. Though they were optional, I felt the need and want to go. Jamie and Naomi are dynamic, powerful people. From the discussions, lessons and conversations that we had on various topics I have gained a new understanding for the context of my life. What's really awesome is that they help keep the space open so you can create what you would like, if you want to be alone in silence, they will support you, if you want to converse, help, learn, or share ideas, they will partake with you. If you want to take a swim in the Yuba river (most beautiful river I have ever seen), they will show you the way. It's really difficult to describe how amazing my stay here was and everything I have taken from it. I can say that meditation has become a day to day practice, I eat organically, and I have stopped being the compulsive New Yorker I once was but the truth is you must visit it for yourself. You'll understand.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank marina e

Been to Pleasant Valley Sanctuary? Share your experiences!