“Correct for one night”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This hotel is correct for one night. Rooms are quiet old but it was clean. The hotel is far from everything but it's a decent place for a short period of time. The ceiling was creaking and could hear for hours people on the 2nd floor walking.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SandrineRamdane
Guesthousenorwalk, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Management would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the hotel. Although we are further inland and a distance from some highlighted atractions, we remain centrally located. Just minutes from both Disneyland and Los angeles, it is an ideal location if spending time in both locations. . We continue to renovate the property and although we are not 100% complete due to our heavy demand of our guest occupancy, our goal is to complete ALL the rooms before the year is completed.

Once again, we appreciate the your time in sharing your experience and we hope to have a return visit soon.

At your service,

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have had the unpleasant chance to stay at this hotel 3 years in a row for business. While it has been refurbished recently they have done little to take care of the hotel. It has a fresh coat of paint, but the walls are dirty and the rooms smell. On occasion my linens appear to be unchanged as well. They need a new maid staff and new management! This property has come a long way since I first stayed here, but at this rate it will be right back very soon.

Room Tip: Pick another Hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank esmith3432
Guesthousenorwalk, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

We first wanted to thank you for your comments regaurding your concerns with your experience at our hotel. We encourage ALL our guest to do the same as it will only help us better our product and service. As you know we have made extensive improvements to our hotel which includes the training or our staff. We have also addressd your issues to our staff and continue to ensure that ALL our rooms are at or above industry levels.
We thank you for your stay and welcome your return to our facility as we continue to improve our service and product.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I had stayed here before several years back and I remember being a little skeptical at first. The city itself seems a bit sketchy but the price was decent enough for me to try. The location was right next to the 5 freeway and my girlfriend and I decided to spend the night since we had been driving all day. All I can remember is that I had a good nights sleep and was more then ready for the long journey back home. There wasn't anything particularly special, but at the same time, nothing particularly bad. However, this past week I decided to stay here for about three nights since I needed to be in the area for business. I chose this place again because I had been here before without any problems, and the prices were the best compared to most others (the cheaper ones seemed way too inadequate for my taste). I walked in the lobby and found the entire place had been changed. It wasn't how I had remembered it years ago. The lobby was different and seemed a lot more modern than my previous visit. It seems as if they had done some work over the years. The room itself didn't seem that much different then I had remembered, but I did see some minor improvements here and there. Again, I had an excellent nights sleep and was fully refreshed in the morning. Service was good and the room provided me with everything I needed. The next two nights were much of the same. I have been to plenty of hotels in my lifetime and this place might not be a five star hotel, but its a great bargain. I always do ratings according to what I get for the price. My recommendation: If you're looking for a five-star hotel, go pay for one. But, if you're looking for the best deal, I'd highly recommend this place. From my own experience, this place exceeded expectations for its reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Gary H

Thank you very much for your selecting our hotel as part of your destination. We encourage our guest to share their experience with us both good or bad to help us to improve upon our service and product. We thank you for your comments and will share them with our staff as we have been working very hard to improve upon our new product and service. We look forward in serving you on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The worst hotel ever. Don't stay here. (F) Rating. Someone try to enter me and my wife's room with another key card without authorization. Lucky i lock my door with the chain lock, so they couldn't get in. Me and my wife were scared for our lives, we could've been robbed or killed. Rape or anything if i didn't lock the door with that chain lock. Me and my wife lefted this hotel right after the incident. The front desk didn't know what to say. This is unacceptable for service. This was my first time staying in this hotel. This was the second room the hotel gave me because the first room was damaged. Latern frame was damaged, paint in the restroom was peeled off, damaged light panels and damaged pull out damaged. The room had a new paint smell that made me and my wife feel sick too. I highly recommend no one stay here. For your family safety, pay a little more extra to have your family safe and a clean room. Across from our first room, a man and women were interacting have sex with the window open... It seems like prositution hooker, the lady was dress up and dancing on him and kissing him... It was just sick. I wouldn't want a family with kids to see that... This was the view across from our first room and later we switch room and the second room some try to enter our room late that night. It was worst experience staying in a hotel room in my life. Motel 6 is better than this place. Loud noise at night, people walking and talking... A drug dealing place and prosituition place. Please don't stay here. Respectfully Customer Steven.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. The rooms are dirty smell of fresh paint. Damaged accessories.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steven V

Thank you for your comments and concerns regarding your experience at our hotel. After further investigation, we did find that you were assigned a non renovated room in error and although the staff tried to attend to your needs we did not meet your expectations.

We are continuing to improve upon our product and our service to ensure our guest have a pleasant experience with us and share them with their firends and family.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night late March before continuing on a tour. The room was reasonably big with a neat bathroom. The sheets were clean enough and the bed was also decent, resulting in a good night's sleep. It was ok for one night, but I would consider other options for a longer stay. Not very sure of the location as it is around 20-30 mins ride from LAX, and may not be the best place to stay if you are visiting all the touristic places in LA. Overall good value for the price I paid ($70 per night).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrashantDR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are constanly trying to improve the hotel and the service and part of the success comes from the experiences of our guest, We appreciate your comments and will share them with our staff. We hope to see you in the future.

At your service.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just stayed here with a group. Its a fine budget hotel for large groups but you have to drive everywhere. Nothing is located here except an i5 entrance. Very nice staff. Lots of group tours and international travelers. Its safe, clean however it looks a little scary. It's so cheap that no, they probably can't give out extra towels and soap and give such a low nightly rate. BUDGET HOTEL folks!!

• Stayed: March 2012

We are pleased to hear your room you had a fair experience at our hotel and that the staff was accommodating to your needs. We just wanted to point our tha there are many stores shops in the area that are just under a mile from the hotel. We are located in a residential area and just off the 5 fwy for travel convinince.

We want to Thank you again for your review and hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We spent the past weekend here for a business trip. We had 6 rooms total shared with my colleagues. First thing, this is NOT a 3 star establishment.

Lobby was locked WITHOUT any signs when we tried to check in late past 1am.

Front desk will NOT help you with cleanliness, room switching, OR service.

There is a night club/bar on the establishment so there will be LOUD music and inebriated people walking about at night. NOT a family friendly hotel.

Housekeeping is ONLY available during the mornings and calling to the front desk to help past certain hours means them responding with Housekeeping isn't available or is closed try again tomorrow.

Good luck asking for any towels, toiletries, or any type of service needed beyond the mornings. We asked for extra towels night of check in, DENIED; asked for towels the next morning, denied; asked for toiletries the following night, denied in ALL 6 rooms.

We stayed in buildings 2, 4, and 6. Building 4 is supposedly newly remodeled and where I stayed for two nights. The only thing that looked remotely new was the tub but if you check the caulking it doesn’t look new at all.

Drains are SLOW if not backed up and water will run cold after the second person. TVs are small and outdated.

Dressers are NOT clean. You will want to keep your belongings in your luggage off the floors.

Carpet is years old OR hasn’t been cleaned in months. You do not want to take your shoes off at all. Bed spread looks like something from the 80’s and is far from comfortable.

Housekeeping will knock on your door EVERY hour, on the hour from 7am TILL check out. They won't give you extra towels.

Room Tip: Pick a room FAR from the lobby where the Night Club is near or you will have trouble sleeping.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Eddy L
Guesthousenorwalk, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

We want to first thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our hotel. The hotel has been going through some major renovations to enhance the guest experience.

We have shared your concerns with the staff and we made sure ALL your concerns have been addressed.

The hotel does have a lounge open to the public located at the far corner of the hotel away from the lobby and hotel rooms. We also have banquet hall in which weddings, parties are held, which which is located next to the lobby. Inventory should not be an issue.

Our housekeeping department is available 7 days a week from 8am to 4pm and a houseman available after hours. Inventory such as towels should never be an issue.

We also have a preventive maintenance program which includes routine cleaning of the carpets.

We are sorry that your experience was ot a pleasant one and comments from our guest help us to improve upon our service and product.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

At your service,

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Rodeway Inn Artesia
Rodeway Inn Artesia
#2 of 3 in Artesia
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk? Share your experiences!