“Good night sleep” 5 of 5 bubbles

Motel 6 Norwalk
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
“Good night sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

It was very easy to book online. When we arrived, the room was ready. Inside was clean and neat, with small refrigerator and micro wave, only thing missing was the popcorn!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was on my way to visit Disneyland (after flying in from Canada) got tired and just pulled off at the nearest place to have a rest ( I think it was a twenty minute drive the next day to get to Disney). Ended up staying three nights as I found the place suitable in terms of location for my visit. Not the best or worst place I have ever stayed in but good value for the money. Seems to be family run with the rooms clean and things in working order, nothing special, good affordable restaurants nearby and reasonably quiet..worth checking out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed in this motel for about a week and had no problems.
It is family owned, the staff is nice, and the rooms are always clean.
Also, there is a small continental breakfast (I have been driving across the country and noticed that most motels don't offer any sort of breakfast.)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missmillionmiles
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

First of all; I would say that the rooms are nice and clean. The price is not to bad either, but with that being said there's not much to brag about. The service is not good! This place looks like it's being runned by a whole family, and that is probably the fact. When we first arrived there was no greetings or anything. They continued talking to each other when they saw that we were in the room. There was no information about the breakfast that was included. When we asked if they could call us a taxi they just gave the phone to us, and we had to call for ourselves. The second day we called to asked were the breakfast was served, and got for answer that it was in the office. The office is so small there is only room for two people standing. Breakfast? Well, it was just juice and coffee. No pastries or anything. And that's supposed to be a continental breakfast? I was so annoyed and asked again where the whole breakfast was. He just pointed at the juice. In frustration we walked out.

After housekeeping all of our stuff were moved to another place and we had to look all around the room to find it again. The remote control to the was not there. And I had to get a new one, without an explanation for why it wasn't in the room anymore.

And why would you stay in Norwalk? It's really far from everything, so unless you have a car this is not the place to go.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Norwalk hotels

Daly City, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

Well i stayed here again since i had a good experience the last time(Nov 2009) i was in LA, this time though was an eye opener, same guy checks me in for a 2 night stay, when i came back the next day after going out, my room key doesnt work, so i asked the front desk what happened, she said that the guy that checked me in only put in one night, and didnt apologize, fine it wasnt her fault, but still, so the following morning, as i checked out, an old lady approached me, i asked if i could check out and get my receipt, she went back and yelled for someone, as it appears it was the same guy who checked me in, (looks like the whole family lives behind the front desk, how convenient for rodeway inn that is, so i asked him what happened to my card/reservation for 2 nights, he said that the card was probably demagnetized, (i do the same thing over and over again, put the key card in my wallet and did the same for my other LA reservation and that DID NOT demagnetize it, first time it happened to me actually) i figured he just didnt care and didnt want my business...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

This hotel was defiintely a "you get what you pay for hotel." The room itself was fairly nice for the kind of hotel you are staying in. The only thing is the comforter was very dirty. I did not sleep under the comforter. Even the pillows were notvery clean. My face got a rash from the pillows which i dont think might have been very clean. Also the bed was hard but nonetheless it was very big. Also SAFETY was an issue. My husband and I did nto feel very safe in the neighborhood. You can hear police sirens and ambulance sirens all night! It was horrible. The hotel is not very secure so anyone can come up to your room if the receptionist is not paying attention. The pictures you see on the website are good angles of the hotel. Yes it is across from a walmart but did not really make me want to stay here anymore. There was no water in the vending machines. Overall this hotel is good if you dont mind paying for a cheap hotel but worrying about safety or security. When I was carrying my luggage to my car, my husband was downstairs and since it is an open hotel there was a sketchy looking man staying a couple of roooms away watching me. Totally would have freaked out if I was female traveling alone. Microwave plus, fridge is a plus. I would recommend if looking to come for one night and staying cheap hotel about 25 minutes from airport and you dont plan to leave your room at night or if you are willing to come back before it turns too late.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mro22
szapata7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

So my family and I were traveling all over southern california and we found this hotel. It was $60 for the night and we enjoyed it very much. It is right across the street from wal-mart which is nice. Everything is brand new and the rooms look very nice. On there web-site it says it was recently renovated and it definately shows. That night we went to take our kids to see the new Toy Story 3 and the theaters was only a two mnute drive away. This hotels also has a computer with interenet which we used cause we had to get directions off mapquest. They have orange juice, coffee, and pastries for breakfast. Overall i highly recommend it! We all slept well, the room was clean, and the price was even better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank szapata27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
BEST WESTERN Norwalk Inn
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
Luxury Inn
Luxury Inn
#5 of 6 in Norwalk
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey

Been to Motel 6 Norwalk? Share your experiences!