“Excellent Stay”
Review of Motel 6 Norwalk

Motel 6 Norwalk
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 18 October 2013

First time moved to west for a Job in LA. This hotel was not to far from downtown but it was in a nice city Norwalk. My project was for 1 month and for initial 1 week I was staying in Double tree which was a 3 * accommodation but due to some reservation issues I was able to able to stay there. On finding I came to know about this place with $66/day then I thought of staying here for a day or two and then go back to Double tree. But when I checked in the room it was very much similar to double tree in fact it was far better then that. Standard hotel carpet, refrigerator, microwave, iron , television and right opposite to Walmart and other big stores. After staying here for a day I extended to 2 weeks. It was really a nice place even the management guys are very cool and helpful.

Room Tip: Most of them are good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 July 2013

It was ok for me my husband and two kids big beds roomy but smells like stale smoke ...and we booked for Thursday thru Monday and they did over book and we had to go to another hotel but they got the room for us ..but we checked out early from rhodeway inn cause ants were covered on walls bathroom and sofa ..we saw this and up and left it was so bad

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We paid about $80 for this motel for our 5 day stay. It is not exactly in the middle of LA, but the location was very convenient in terms of all the amenities close by, there is a Walmart right opposite, affordable restaurants etc. In fact I feel violently ill the night we arrived and my husband could very easily find a 24 hour pharmacy close by.

The motel doesn't look like much from the outside but the rooms are clean and well kept. The bathroom looked pretty updated. The air conditioning was a little funky, but nothing unmanageable. The bedding was okay. They said there was breakfast included - but that was just a rude joke because breakfast consisted of store-bought donuts and some really poor coffee. Considering that there were several affordable brunch options nearby, this wasn't a major inconvenience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel often. Matter of fact I stayed at this location 2 weeks ago, so I thought that I knew what to expect.

Granite vanity and window sill, double-paned windows, standard hotel carpet, refrigerator, microwave, iron and a tv. Sometimes the room has a desk and small table.

I opened the door and stared in surprise at beautiful wood floors.

Very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

The room is renovated, fridge, microwave, bathroom and washing area. Bed is hard and the room was musty. I checked the AC and it was full of mold, hence the must. In a pinch not a bad place, but you could do be

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 5 July 2012

When you show up at 2 in the morning, after a long drive it does look a little ghetto, but I did not feel unsafe at all. Actually, in the Daytime. It looked just fine in a decent area. (No its not Beverly Hills, But its not Compton either). When we arrived there was no parking, but the gentleman let us park in the handicap area, which was awesome. I did not want to park somewhere else. The rooms were obviously remodeled and looked very nice. I really couldnt ask for much more, Stayed here for 2 nights and had no problems whats so over. Def will stay again when visiting my boyfriends family.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

It was very easy to book online. When we arrived, the room was ready. Inside was clean and neat, with small refrigerator and micro wave, only thing missing was the popcorn!

• Stayed: April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
Studio Inn And Suites
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#2 of 8 in Downey

Been to Motel 6 Norwalk? Share your experiences!