“Complete Turn around...from my last visit 11/2009”
Review of Motel 6 Norwalk

Motel 6 Norwalk
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Daly City, California
“Complete Turn around...from my last visit 11/2009”
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Well i stayed here again since i had a good experience the last time(Nov 2009) i was in LA, this time though was an eye opener, same guy checks me in for a 2 night stay, when i came back the next day after going out, my room key doesnt work, so i asked the front desk what happened, she said that the guy that checked me in only put in one night, and didnt apologize, fine it wasnt her fault, but still, so the following morning, as i checked out, an old lady approached me, i asked if i could check out and get my receipt, she went back and yelled for someone, as it appears it was the same guy who checked me in, (looks like the whole family lives behind the front desk, how convenient for rodeway inn that is, so i asked him what happened to my card/reservation for 2 nights, he said that the card was probably demagnetized, (i do the same thing over and over again, put the key card in my wallet and did the same for my other LA reservation and that DID NOT demagnetize it, first time it happened to me actually) i figured he just didnt care and didnt want my business...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2010

This hotel was defiintely a "you get what you pay for hotel." The room itself was fairly nice for the kind of hotel you are staying in. The only thing is the comforter was very dirty. I did not sleep under the comforter. Even the pillows were notvery clean. My face got a rash from the pillows which i dont think might have been very clean. Also the bed was hard but nonetheless it was very big. Also SAFETY was an issue. My husband and I did nto feel very safe in the neighborhood. You can hear police sirens and ambulance sirens all night! It was horrible. The hotel is not very secure so anyone can come up to your room if the receptionist is not paying attention. The pictures you see on the website are good angles of the hotel. Yes it is across from a walmart but did not really make me want to stay here anymore. There was no water in the vending machines. Overall this hotel is good if you dont mind paying for a cheap hotel but worrying about safety or security. When I was carrying my luggage to my car, my husband was downstairs and since it is an open hotel there was a sketchy looking man staying a couple of roooms away watching me. Totally would have freaked out if I was female traveling alone. Microwave plus, fridge is a plus. I would recommend if looking to come for one night and staying cheap hotel about 25 minutes from airport and you dont plan to leave your room at night or if you are willing to come back before it turns too late.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mro22
szapata7
Reviewed 28 June 2010

So my family and I were traveling all over southern california and we found this hotel. It was $60 for the night and we enjoyed it very much. It is right across the street from wal-mart which is nice. Everything is brand new and the rooms look very nice. On there web-site it says it was recently renovated and it definately shows. That night we went to take our kids to see the new Toy Story 3 and the theaters was only a two mnute drive away. This hotels also has a computer with interenet which we used cause we had to get directions off mapquest. They have orange juice, coffee, and pastries for breakfast. Overall i highly recommend it! We all slept well, the room was clean, and the price was even better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank szapata27
Daly City, California
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Stayed here for 3 days, easy access from LAX airport through public transportation, MTA Green Line, Aviation Station to Norwalk then catch the 460 Bus to Disneyland, make sure its going to disneyland cause the other one goes to Downtown LA... stops right in front of Hotel, which has a Walmart Conveniently front of hotel as well, SUPER FAST FREE INTERNET, even faster than those i had to pay for...all rooms have Fridge and Microwave, large TV as well... for about $60 bucks a night, well worth it....

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank Rich16
US
Reviewed 19 September 2008

We were in town for a wedding and planning a very busy couple of days! The service at the hotel was very accommodating to our needs during this hectic weekend. We couldn't wait to get back to the newly renovating rooms, which by the way, were very clean and the rooms were very well maintained.
Overall I would say this is the best hotel in the area that I have stayed at. I plan on returning since I will be handling business in this area more often.

• Liked — The clean rooms and great service!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mel0322
WA
Reviewed 10 July 2008

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times while working in the Norwalk area. It has good service, friendly hotel staff, and is much more affordable than similar hotels in the area.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank BM_WA
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 22 June 2008

Best value for your bucks. Our experience with the hotel was good. The rooms were neat and tidy, good daily room service, welcome gifts, friendly management, best location just 10 miles from Disney, easy access freeways.

I would say its a good deal and would not mind to go again if I visit Disney. Its definitely not a luxury hotel so you cannot expect gym, spa, swimming pool but a very good place and rooms for your stay.

They also provide microwave which is good in case if you like to cook.

• Liked — Best value for money
  • Disliked — Not a place for business accomodation
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chierag
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk Inn
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#2 of 8 in Downey

Been to Motel 6 Norwalk? Share your experiences!