“Very pleasant”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Amenities such as TV and internet were satisfactory and hotel staff were very hospitable. lobby was very comfortable to meet and relax in while waiting for business to start. Loved the warm cookie!

Thank Elizabeth Krist... M

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This Double Tree is becoming aged. Rooms were being repaired, but the workmanship was unprofessional. I had to move rooms due to lack of hot water. Bathroom fixtures and drywall were in various states of repair.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTCares, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

The feedback from our guests does not go unnoticed. We are sorry to hear that your expectations were not met during your recent stay. We are very excited to share that we have an upcoming guestroom enhancement program in the near future. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again so we may really impress you.
Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate it!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am a business traveler and I have stayed there a few times. This time I decided to try out the pool. It was disgusting. There was dirt and leaves in it. It had not been cleaned in quite a while. I took a picture, it was so bad. The fitness room was dirty as well and some of the equipment was broken.

1  Thank Overlin Z
DTCares, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Overlin,

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet expectations. Our Hotel cleans the pool four times a day. Because of feedback like yours we are quickly accessing where the root of this problem you mentioned is coming from so we can quickly focus on getting this fixed. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Check-in: Very friendly service but pretty slow, especially for the time I was there

Pros:
*Staff was extremely friendly
*Breakfast was decent
*Pretty easy to get to from the freeway
*HHonors membership perks are nice (Free drinks, water, breakfast, internet, etc.)

Cons:
*Ordered additional pillows. Took about half an hour to receive. After 15 minutes called to check on status and said she would be in un about 2 minutes. Took another 15.
*Air Conditioner was extremely loud.
*Right next to freeway. Spent a short time in the hot tub and I felt like I was constantly about being run over because of the noise and rumble. Pool and Hot Tub were full of leaves and pretty dirty. *Pool area was not very well taken care of.
*Rooms smelled a bit musty -- almost like stepping into a 1980's hotel.

Overall not entirely impressed with this location. I would probably find a different location to stay next time.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor if available
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel itself was great. The sales manager, Christina, I believe was an absolute doll. When I booked my hotel, initially, the wrong one was clearly booked as I wanted to stay closer to LAX. She offered to cancel my stay at no charge. Once I decided to stay, she ensured that she would make my trip as welcoming as possible and she did and I was there for 3 nights (Fri-Mon). The restaurant staff was also very nice and their breakfast was so good. I recommend you get the omelette. The hotel itself is not TOO far from the highway if you want to go downtown and you have a car, but there's no great shopping in the area. There was a conference happening in the hotel while I was there, seems like most people stay there if they are on business or want to be in a quiet area. I was there for vacation but, nonetheless, I liked it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great experience if you are looking for the right place to stay in the LA area you found it. I stayed there for business and I would stay there for family relaxation as well. The cookie make you want to cheat on your diet. The service is up their with great care.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great place to stay….I go out of my way when I visit California to stay at this Doubletree hotel. From the moment you walk in they greet you professionally and they hook you up with a cookie. The downstairs restaurant is great. Kimberly is a fantastic bar tender with a great smile! If you stay here you need to order the filet mignon, but only order it if Christian is the chief. This chief is fantastic! He has not disappointed yet….I will continue to stay here every time I visit California.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk? Share your experiences!