“NO REFRIGERATORS / Bad TV choices”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Atlanta, GA, United States
“NO REFRIGERATORS / Bad TV choices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

No complementary 'fridges in rooms. Also, the TV channel selection was abysmal! Only about 10 channels, half were of the ESPN variety. Staff were nice and the restaurant pleasant. Location is safe. Apparently, I have to type in at least 200 characters before my review is accepted, so I'm adding some un-needed "fluff." Weather in area was great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTCares, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to share with you that our TV channel selection is in the process of being increased in the next couple of months. If you should decide to stay with us again, and we sincerely hope you do, we wanted to share with you that our Jr. Suites all have a refrigerator and wet bar area. It sounds like this particular room type would be perfect for your needs. Thank you for your business and we look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chula Vista, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location in a nice neighborhood. Close to freeways, restaurants, shopping, movie theatre and civic center within walking distance. This hotel is great for Business Travel. Good value in a nice location. The Wi-Fi connection was a hit or miss, though. Pool is a little small, just enough for a quick wade, but not for lap swimming. Option for a late check out was very useful.

1 Thank Sherylle F
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I always enjoy staying at this Hotel. However, I was a little disappointed upon check in. I asked the lady if any of my upgrades had gone through as she was already getting my room keys. And she just said no, we are quite booked. I don't think she would have said anything had I not asked. I never went near the desk again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your loyalty to our property. We truly appreciate you and your business. Thank you also for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We sincerely consider feedback as a gift that allows us to provide additional training as well as to celebrate our successes. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
San Diego, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel, from the surrounding area, does not look as inviting and comforable as it is . The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. When something is not perfect, if you say something, they will fix it. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean and the pool area was nice even with the leaves from the trees and construction noise from highway 5. Easy access and movies and resturants close enough to walk.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.
We are just thrilled that you and your family had a such great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
washington dc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have been at this hotel for the last 4 nights. It was great the first two. Then last night we returned to find no towels and face clothes. Unfortunately, we did not notice until this morning that we had no coffee as well. Tonight we returned to a room that had not been touched by the cleaning staff. We spoke to the cleaning woman as we left this morning, but apparently she did not see fit to clean the room. This was because my blind husband left one if the three do not disturb tags on the door, Even after we had spoken to the maid. This was not bad enough, but when I called to get new towels,face cloths and coffee, the management was extremely condescending to me. They never apologized and made it seem that we were at fault. I am not sure that I have ever been treated so badly at a hotel... Hilton are you reading this? I have been staying at your hotels for at least 20 years and have never had the treatment I did tonight. This hotel needs an overhaul yesterday.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the freeway. You cannot hear the freeway from the rooms with the windows c...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kmsWashingtonDc
DTCares, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are so sorry to hear that you felt that your needs could not be met. Our goal is to always accommodate our guests and exceed expectations. We usually receive very positive comments about our staff however it appears we did not deliver this positive service to you and your husband and for this we are truly sorry. Please contact me directly in the future should you decide to give us another chance to show you what we are really made of.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel is at a great location to I-5.
I have stayed here in the past.
There was construction at the on ramp when I went in Jan. 2014...so, I had to detour to get back on the interstate.
I was on the 7th floor ... the water pressure was good ... the temperature was hot.
The decor was nice ... the property was clean. (Inside and out)
The heater made an occasional creaking noise ... I'm sure it was just that room.
The internet connection was poor, but that is common with hotels unfortunately.
The bathroom was nice ... there was a large counter top.
Kristina and Krvichaka at the front desk were nice.
The restaurant, near the lobby, looked nice. I did not eat there, but noticed quite a few patrons who were.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a tough hotel to review. There were so many positives and negatives during my stay.

The first night I got in quite late and so just put my bags in my room and went straight to the bar to eat. I ordered a steak medium rare, which came with mash and some veggies. The steak came out well done and the carrots were raw. I sent it back and when it came back the steak was done to perfection. The bar tender explained that the chef was new, but even the most basically trained chef should know how to cook a steak.

I went to my room and switched on the A/C to cool the room down a bit before bed. The noise that came from the machine was something equivalent to standing in the blast zone of a jet. It taking off. It was soo late that I could not summon the energy to deal with it, so I turned it off for the night.

The next morning as I will leaving the hotel I spoke to the front desk about the A/C and ask them to have maintenance look at it. When I came back in the evening, the A/C had not been looked at, and when I called down to the front desk, they knew nothing about it. They were prompt to jump on the issue though and sent maintenance up immediately.

The maintenance person took one listen to it and explained that it was a very old model and he would go check if there was a room with a newer A/C unit in it. When he was gone, the front desk called to say that they looked and there were no available rooms with new A/C units on my floor, but they had a spare new A/C unit and they could replace it within 20 mins. I agreed to that, and went to workout. When I came back - brand new and quiet A/C unit was cooling my room! Excellent work.

The workout room was pretty well equipped, but was a little on the small side. I have seen much much worse. I went for a swim after my workout. The pool is very small, and very shaded. It is nice as is the hot tub. There are two changing/ bathrooms by the pool, which not all hotels have.

The next day, when I went to bed, I found a used pillow case tucked into my bedsheets, which was pretty disgusting. The next morning I again complained at the front desk and asked that a manager call me when I returned the next day.

The manager left a voicemail for me, explaining that he was of the understanding that I was still having issues with the A/C, which of course I was not. I tried to call him back 5 mins after he left the VM, but was told he had left the premises for the night.

I asked when the GM would be in and was told she would be in between 7 and 8, so I asked to speak to her the next morning. I got a call about 10 mins later to tell me that the GM would not be in until later, but they would make sure that she called me to discus my problems. In the mean time, they comped me a nights stay and paid for my dinner.

The GM did call me and as I explained to her, the issue with the staff at the hotel is that their lack of communications is preventing this hotel from being a great hotel. The GM shared with me that they are replacing the A/C units in all the rooms.

The hotel could do with a few touches like new A/C units, a lick of paint and some small touches. With these in place the hotel would quickly become a good hotel to stay at. It has a good location, although the proximity to the interstate (and the construction on the interstate) does create some noise. With a good working A/C unit though, the noise can be drowned out.

I would also like to see a fridge in the room.

Bottom line, I am going to go back to this hotel in a few weeks to give them another try, and I hope that things will be better. the staff are REALLY nice, well trained and professional - if they could just learn to communicate better....

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
Nomolos~
It was a pleasure speaking with you about your recent stay with us. We really do consider feedback a gift and have already used some of your feedback as training topics in order to improve our service, communication and hotel offerings. We look forward to seeing you again later this month.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
BEST WESTERN Norwalk Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Holiday Inn La Mirada
Holiday Inn La Mirada
#2 of 3 in La Mirada

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk? Share your experiences!