“Wonderful Place to Get Food Poisoning”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Ranked #106 of 134 Restaurants in Novato
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Pinole
“Wonderful Place to Get Food Poisoning”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Wow, Another place you can get Food Poisoning. We are not from the Novato area; however we have dinned at Chevy's all over N. California. I would never go to this one again. After having the Chicken Fajitas, on the way home, I just wasn't feeling well. By the time I got home I was in the bathroom using one end for the toilet and the waste basket for the cookies I was tossing. It took the next morning for my wife to have the same symptoms. Avoid this place at all cost, unless you need to clean your system out/

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Mr R

Half Moon Bay, California
“Take no chances...enjoy some Fresh Mex!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I like this chain because it is consistent and I always know what to expect without any surprises. After a long, hot day at the track (Infineon), I look forward to sitting down and relaxing over a Cadillac Margarita with chips and salsa. They also honored a 20% discount coupon I had been carrying around for over two years! Ask for Gavin........he's the best!!!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank jimmanning
Mrs Merino M, LSM Coordinator at Chevys Fresh Mex, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thank You !!! We Hope to See You Soon. A. Merino Lsm Chevys Novato.
Manchester, NH
“I like it.”
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I've been twice now. The first time was takeout when everyone was really sick and I got this giant platter of food per the recommendation of the hostess and I keep thinking about it. I'll definitely get it again. The second time I went was for drinks.

Food was great, service was great, clean environment, decent prices. If you look out in the paper, theres often a coupon for buy one meal get one for $3.99 which I'm sure is useful.

1 Thank Suriaah
THANK YOU! WE LOVE YOU TOO< CAN YOU SAY WATERMELON MARGARITA? SEE YOU O SOON! Amber Merino LSM Coordinator Chevys Novato. P.S I have a buy 4 get one free lunch card for you. please speak with a manager next time you in.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the Pineapple Coconut Margaritas and the fresh guac!”
Reviewed 3 February 2008

Love the Pineapple Coconut Margaritas and the fresh guac!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook