Upon checking in I was treated rudely by an older man at 3am. The customer service was absent. When he asked for my ID and credit card he didn't say he was going to run the card or for any amount. I had to transfer funds first as I always carry cash. He asked rudely, "How long do I have to wait for that!" I said it's already done and it took him longer to run the card than the transfer as USAA apps are fast. I told him I called twice, the day I booked online requesting a double queen, and the morning we departed San Diego for the trip to verify my room and to let hem know we would be checking in around 3am. No issues, until I get in my room and it's a king bed only. I call the front desk he answers that he had my debit card, (because he didn't return it). I grab all my bags and head back to the office only to be shouted at because I booked the wrong room he said. He said that I can't have the double room but one night of the two nights I reserved and that I had to speak to the manager in the morning. I said I surely will because he was being extremely rude. The next morning a taller thin man was there, not the manager. Manager wasn't in apparently. This guy was more rude than the first and my friend couldn't believe his lack of effort towards customer service. I explained the situation and he also blamed me and didn't seem to care that I wasn't happy with their treatment. Booked room for June 27,28 checked out 29.
I left a note for the maid to leave some extra towles as there were only 3! No extra towels and the letter was tossed aside. Rude!
The room is old the curtains bobby pinned together, the walls were eaten away and splintered the patio furniture was old and there were only 2 pillows on each bed. The "renovations" were none existent as it looked old and dingy. The carpet looked clean however. If you don't mind rudeness and an older room this is fine but the employees here are jerks and the rooms are not nice enough to put up with that crap! I paid 301 for two nights! Rather be at a Hilton for that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience affordable lodging at the bed-and-breakfast-style Marinwood Inn & Suites in Novato, California, located close to the world-famous Wine Country in Sonoma County. Each of our 47 well-appointed guest rooms - one-third of which are suites - is tastefully decorated and provides the ultimate in comfort and convenience - whether you're visiting for one night or an extended stay for any vacation or business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Marinwood Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge - Novato Hotel Novato
- Marinwood Inn & Suites Novato, Marin County, CA