“dont let the old reviews fool you”

Days Inn Novato/San Francisco
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Novato
Reviewed 3 September 2010

when looking at some of the reviews for this Days Inn I noted that most were old dates, and was hoping that the the quality had come up to a good standard. And I was pleasantly surprised. Although the property is not new, I found it to be clean, and thats important to me. The room was clean, roomy, and quiet. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The free continental breakfast was very adequate and well stocked. There was ample parking right outside the room. The pool/hot tub area was in the middle of the courtyard, and easily accessible. I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2009

The hotel is as described on some of the other posts. One star basic room. Clean but is showing its age. The staff was very nice. Didnt get a chance to try the food. Make sure to ask for a room in the back otherwise you'll hear the freeway. I'd stay here again if nothing better was available (which was this case since I didnt want to pay $100+ or travel 30 miles).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank RoadTrainer
Reviewed 25 February 2008

I am a road warrior. I stay in a lot of hotels and motels and this is the absolute worse experience I have ever encountered. The cheap rate is not worth the health hazard of the filthy rooms. Avoid at all costs. The "free breakfast" is also a filth fest of stale bagels.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 12 November 2007

Stop. Snooze. ---. Shower.

If that's all you want to do (o.k., I'll add t.v. to the list even though it breaks the alliterative foursome above) for an overnight on your way in or out of San Francisco from the north off U.S. 101, look no further.

And that's how I recommend this Days Inn after staying there two nights. (The next-to-nothing AAA rate that included breakfast drew me in, and I needed a place to stay while I attended The Tamalpa Institute's winter weekend event.) Most of the food wasn't out yet (7:45 a.m.) on the Saturday morning of my stay, but I had plenty on the Sunday I checked out.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2007

Unless all you honestly want is a place to sleep and care about nothing else, pass on this place. I contacted them directly for reservations, which they made a mistake on and my faxed confimation consisted of numbers that didn't jive witht he website, and no dates. When I realized it, we had trouble, since I called to reconfirm and she had me in the wrong month. We ended up with two groups that had to switch rooms during a 3 night stay, and no room for the last night. We were in town for a memorial, so it was already stressful and only stayed here because they were the only rooms available due to a nearby race that brings in tons of people. The rooms were terrible, one smelled like mold, they were poorly maintained, it was a place I would honestly never stay again. The breakfast was first come first serve, it didn't appear they restocked anything so if you didn't get there early it was really picked over. The restaurant in the hotel, I was told by family in town, had recently had some major health department issues and they cautioned us not ot eat there. If it is available, the Best Western in Novato is a much better place!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vonbug
Reviewed 8 May 2007

This is an interesting motel at the end of a dead-end frontage road. There's nothing around it (no gas station, external restaurant, grocery store or convenience store), so be prepared. It's almost like camping, though there is an on-premises restaurant and free DIY breakfast (I tried neither, but people looked satisfied).

The room as very bare bones, though it did have full-strength password-free wireless broadband--a huge plus to me, but there was no easily accessible outlet for plugging in the electronic devices we carry everywhere.

The bed was okay at best. The pillows were decent. The bathroom wasn't too cramped, but the toilet didn't flush. I had to take the lid off and operate the plunger manually. Not a huge deal in an inexpensive motel, but....

Had other more-expensive lodgings in the area not have been sold out, I would have used them. But, for about $85 (all inclusive) in Marin County on a weekend, I can't complain all that much.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 October 2006

The room was nice and clean. The breakfast had belgium waffles that you make fresh, YUM! with waffle makers that are very easy to use. They also had cereal, fruit, oatmeal, toast, bagels and of course coffee, tea, milk, and juice. We had waffles w/ bananas, so I can't say how the rest was! Also available for rent are vhs movies for about $3.00 . There are vcr's in the room. We were on the second floor with a view of the courtyard and pool, with the door facing the parking lot/ freeway, and really didn't hear any noise from outside. The jacuzzi was great! They also have a self serve laundry on site, nice for those long trips! Both coke and pepsi in the drink machines and a nice assortment in the snack machine. The staff was very friendly and professional, they even gave us a good recommendation and directions for a family restaurant near by. We will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fun2travel06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
6 mi away
Hotel Petaluma
#3 of 9 in Petaluma
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael

Been to Days Inn Novato/San Francisco? Share your experiences!