“Glofied Truck Stop”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Glofied Truck Stop”
Reviewed 13 November 2007

If this hotel were any closer to the highway, it would be road kill. It's almost criminal to suffer the noise and air pollution eminating from the highway in such an otherwise beautiful area. Furthermore, in-room broadband access not only requires a fee, but it was impossible to send email without calling their third party supplier and being told that it was necessary to program my laptop in a way that would have to be deleted when I checked out - hardly worth the cost or trouble. As to dinner at Rickey's, the restaurant on the property, the highly recommended roast beef was more fat than meat and way overpriced. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere, even if it means searching for hotels in towns adjacent to Novato.

• Liked — Could park in front of room.
  • Disliked — Everything - musty, noisy, not a single positive.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank VaCavalier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2007

Ok, this is waaay overdue, but here's my review. This is a wonderful little place to stay! And they are very 'green' - i.e. water conservation, recycling, etc! Kid-friendly - right next to Trains & Dollhouses Store (or was it Dollhouses&Trains?) (Very kid-friendly store w/lots of cute stuff - bears/stuffed animals too) Be sure to check their site [--]. They have a Sun-Thur deal, plus if you check in on one of those days but stay after, you get the lower rate for the entire stay!. This place is homey & yet modern amenities. Construction obviously older but cute/quaint to see how they used to build these places. Furniture & decorations NOT dated - all modern. Room larger than some hotels. Solid brick walls so no noise; windows open to hear jazz coming from pool. Park right outside your room! Beautiful flowers next our back door -could sit in our car & watch butterflies & hummingbirds feeding! Covered walkway/patio in front of rooms. Bathroom tiny, no tub in standard room, but no big deal for us. Nice tea selection in room, plus more in lobby @ b-fast (?24hr tea?). Could get frige & microwave on request (xtra $10 for reg rooms, included w/ suites) Note: can't remember if $10 for each or $10 total for frige & micro. Frige a good size. Also, very pet friendly for you pet lovers. And for pet-allergic people, our allergic son did not have a problem during our stay! I made sure to request a 'pet-free' room & had no trouble. Lovely jazz by the pool weekend nights, a restaurant w/made from scratch food (no kidding!), big courtyard, some tree swings for kids & adults, a workout room (&cheap priviledges @ 2 nearby centers plus a shuttle to get there). The workout room is cramped but well equipped with TV, water cooler, treadmill (?2), bike (?2), ?elliptical?. Nearest bathroom is in lobby in next building, though. Charge for computer by the half hour, but free DSL in room, free WiFi in lobby. Note: if you have to buy minutes, you log in & out, so can make that 30 min stretch so long as you remember to log out, else times out & you lose your minutes. Free breakfast in the restaurant. Excellent service - very friendly. One morning my daughter wanted eggs. (we saw a big mtg in the restaurant having b-fast w/eggs, which aren't normally offered.) We didn't realize the organization had paid for a special b-fast. Well, as I was trying to explain this to my dissappointed daughter, the chef 'found' an extra plate of eggs (I think he claimed that he made too many by mistake) - no xtra charge! And they gave us excellent advice on the SF ferries, attractions, etc. We asked about a place for my preschool son to enjoy & they suggested Train Town in Sonoma, less than an hour away (?30min?). We went on a Friday & loved it! Nice little rides for about 5-8yrs (note: adults can ride too) plus a few rides and a GREAT train ride for everyone! I plan to review it - look for it) Inn Marin is a family-owned & run place and it shows. On our last day, my daughter (Grace) wanted to swing in the lovely tree swings but was having trouble. I was preoccupied with her little brother & couldn't help right away. I finally made it over to find a lovely tween/teen pushing my daughter. I wish I could remember her name. ?Elizabeth? (Grace sez so) Her mom did catering for the hotel & is good friends w/ the owners. We had a nice conversation and then had to leave for the airport, with Grace begging to return as soon as possible to see her new friend again. About the only 2 negatives I can report is that there is some freeway noise when in the courtyard, and that if you're in the rooms in the back, you'll have a bit of a walk for all the amenities (b-fast, pool, workout) 'cuz they're up front. And yes, it doesn't look fancy or modern, but clean & homey (I think). Will definitely stay again.

• Liked — Great service and amenities for the price.
  • Disliked — Tiny bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Terra58
Ventura, California
Reviewed 3 July 2007

I arranged accommodations for a group of fourteen people, and everyone I spoke with at Inn Marin followed through with prompt attention to the details of our visit. A phone conversation with the Senior Sales Manager to set up our required rooms was followed up with written confirmation and necessary instructions. She was in contact with me by e-mail in the preplanning stages and the answers to questions were sent promptly. It was nice working with someone who actually cared about pleasing their guests.

"Rickey's", the restaurant adjacent to the hotel has an excellent menu and the service was also very good. In fact we liked it so much we opted to dine there a second time during our three day stay.

We are members of a Corvette Club and obviously ample safe parking is a priority for us. The parking at Inn Marin is perfect, with our cars parked right next to our rooms.

We definitely will stay there again.

• Liked — Separate doors for access to parking and courtyard/restaurant/pool area
  • Disliked — No refrigerator
  • Stayed June 2007
Berkeley
Reviewed 7 June 2007

My organization held a small conference at this intimate and lovely hotel in Marin County. The hotel itself is beautiful with dark wood, and wonderful touches. The staff were all very nice; everyone I met smiled at me and said hello. It's clearthe staff are happy there. The people I worked with were warm, friendly, and incredibly helpful. It was clear to me that they knew what they were doing and they proved it that weekend.

My conference attendees said they felt more welcomed at this conference than ever before, AND that they had the "Best Conference Food Ever!" The food was indeed fabulous, well prepared with fresh vegetables not overcooked, and entrees with interesting sauces and beautiful presentation.

The rooms, although small, are very comfortable, with very thick walls of adobe that prevent sounds from bleeding through from the next room. All the amenities were available. I shared the jacuzzi suite with a friend and loved my huge jacuzzi! The sofa bed in the main room was not the most comfortable, however. The bed in the bedroom was heavenly.

The main meeting room has a wonderful view of a fountain that is lit up at night and behind that is a beautiful old magnolia tree with swings hanging from its branches.

I highly recommend this hotel for a weekend stay, or for a small conference (we had about 100 people).

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The sofa bed
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
Lakehurst, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2007

Perfect location, absolutely spotless. Extreemly pleasant people are employed at this hotel, work very hard to make your stay the best possible.
The rooms are not lurxurious but as I said before it is one of the most clean hotels we have ever stayed in, including many that call themselves 5 stars.
Close to all the wonderful spots that S.F. area has to offer, great jumpping off point, reasonably priced, actually cheap in todays market. Give it a try.

1 Thank charliemuff
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 May 2007

We stayed at Inn Marin for three nights while visiting relatives in the area, based upon a recommendation from those relatives. The Inn Marin feels like a hotel from a different time. Our room was quite large (although the bathroom was small), the decor was warm and homey, the walls are brick so we heard absolutely nothing from our next-door neighbors, and the service and attention to detail from the staff were outstanding on every level. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the central courtyard is peaceful and inviting. The Inn is just inches from the 101, so there is a lot of highway noise in the front office, but our room was at the back of the property so it was not an issue for us.

I guess overall the Inn Marin sort of felt like home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyAuntie
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 29 December 2006

Stayed here in December on a Wednesday so the hotel was not very full. I chose this hotel because it was conveniently located and they accepted pets.

All of the staff were friendly and knowledgable. The room was large and clean; bathroom was a little small. Everything worked well in the room. The central courtyard was a nice touch. Room service from the on-site restaurant was speedy and the food was excellent.

Freeway noise was the only negative - I could hear it when the heater wasn't running. The hotel is right next to the 101 freeway. It didn't interfere with my sleep, though it might bother light sleepers.

• Liked — They accept pets.
  • Disliked — Freeway noise
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled solo
1 Thank psarmic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn
Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma
Days Inn Novato/San Francisco
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Marin Suites Hotel
Marin Suites Hotel
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to Inn Marin? Share your experiences!