“Ideal”

Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Novato
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Covered the IndyCar race at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, and this Courtyard was a perfect place to stay. Just 15 minutes to the track, nice hotel, amazing bed, helpful staff.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank deBASHmode

Reviewed 20 August 2009

Stayed at this hotel with my family for 3 nights in early August. We had a King Suite as we were travelling with 2 young children. The living room and bed room were quite spacious which was unexpected. The staff was courteous. There was an outdoor pool which the kids loved. It was a bit cold for my tastes, but young kids never seem to mind.

The breakfast was very good. Eggs were tasty, fruit seemed fresh and coffee tasted good. Breakfast was not included in the price and was a bit pricey at around $15 per adult. Also, be forewarned that if you get there late, the food is gone. Arrive early for breakfast and you will be rewarded (as in 7-8am early).

The bed was fairly comfortable. Not quite firm enough for my tastes, but pretty good overall. The rooms were very clean and although the hotel is about 8 years old (that's what the breakfast manager said anyway), it looked newer.

There's a McDonald's right next to the hotel. That was a plus for us in a pinch when we had starving kids that had to eat. Nicer still is the fact that an outdoor mall is just around the corner. We ate at a couple of the restaurants that were quite nice (Toast being one of them).

The locatiion was nothing to brag about, but we knew that going into it. We used it as a launching point for things to do north of San Francisco (Wine Country is an hour or so north, Mt. Tam/Muir Woods/Sausalito were about 20-30 minutes south).

Overall, I would recommend this place and I would stay there in the future. I would suggest getting a room on the pool side - it's quieter than facing the street.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank fromBostonMA
Reviewed 1 August 2009

My husband has been doing alot of business in San Fran and has been staying four nights a week at this hotel. My 12 yr old daughter and I decided to visit him for a week.

The hotel is extremely clean. The rooms are Marriott rooms, nothing special, but not dirty or worn. Front desk personnel are very nice and helpful. They will direct you to recommended restaurants or give you maps for San Fran or wine country. We did both and had a great time.

There are two computers, free for use, in the lobby which was very nice to have. There is also coffee 24 hours a day available. There is a lobby restaurant, but we never used it. Prices seemed a little steep for breakfast. On Mondays, Tuesdays and "sometimes" Wednesdays, they put out a happy hour buffet, that was much welcomed by the guests.

My daughter and I stuck around the pool most of the week while my husband worked. The pool is nothing to write home about, just a rectangle in the ground, but the water was kept extremely clean and the the right temperature. We were the only ones in the pool 90% of the time. The loungers were very nice and there were ample towels. Hot tub was literally too hot to use. I have one at home that I keep very hot, but the hotel's was unbearable. It didnt' help that it was almost 100' that week. There is a nice gazebo outside and a firepit with chairs around it. Perfect spot to end the night with a glass of wine and conversation.

The hotel is in walking distance of a mall that has a grocery store and several restaurants. There is also a McDonalds steps away.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for a short period. Or as a stopping point going to wine country after flying into SF.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kel3420
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I stayed at this Courtyard for one night in September 2008 with a friend. This was our launching point for a day trip to Napa/Sonoma. Everything about the stay reflected what I've come to expect from a Courtyard -- easy check in, clean and comfortable room, nothing especially fancy. A reasonable distance to Napa/Sonoma - although if I were staying multiple nights I might consider paying a little more to stay closer to the wineries.

Hotel is very close to a grocery store and other shopping mall, and the highway. Not exactly a scenic location but very practical.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2008

My husband and I stayed here on Halloween night and the following night for a getaway to wine country and the coast. Our stay was good, not great, like in past Courtyard stays. On Halloween night at 1am, in the rain, the hotel fire alarm went off and we dressed and walked down three flights of stairs to join the other guests under the front awning. We watched four fire vehicles arrive, who never found a fire. Thirty minutes later, we were allowed back to our rooms. Nothing was ever said to us. The bed was almost too firm, and one needed to pile the five little pillows in a way so that you have enough support. I got a kink in my neck the first night. The housekeeper discovered our slow shower drain after the first night, so we didn't have standing water the second day. Maybe we just had bad luck.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2008

Annoyances:

I requested a fridge and it did not work. They desk said to wait until tomorrow. ( I checked in on Sunday). I am traveling with a toddler it is helpful to have juice for a baby.

I am a Silver Elite with Marriott, they would not give us another room or swap the fridge.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank lbhtd
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We tried to find a Hotel in the area for an Infineon event that was in May. Unfortunately something else must have been in the area because everything was booked! Even though at the first call they were booked the receptionist took my number and called me to book the room I needed. They are always more than accommodating when we stay there. Their staff is always lovely. If you are planning on going to the North Bay area or wine country, you should consider them!

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank cjeantrav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Inn Marin
Inn Marin
#3 of 6 in Novato
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
Days Inn Novato/San Francisco

Been to Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma? Share your experiences!