“Couldn't get out of there fast enough”
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oakdale
London
“Couldn't get out of there fast enough”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I booked 2 nights at this hotel as a stop-over to and from Yosemite. The price was favourable and I read a couple of good reviews so I booked it.
When I arrived, I almost doubted I had got the right place. *This* place had got good reviews? Maybe I'm not experienced with staying in budget motels, but I felt uncomfortable from the outset and almost everything was not satisfying. All the rooms are ground floor, so if like me you are a solo female traveller you may feel uncomfortable (I did). The rooms are very basic and quite smalll, and the carpet in mine was not clean at all. The bathroom/toilet are also basic. My room smelt funny from the outset, too.
There was a fly in my room on arrival, and no sooner had I disposed of that then another one appeared. Probably sums up the experience.
In addition, my fellow hotel guests did not exactly put me at ease, looking like dodgier sorts than I would like, quite in keeping with the area.
Plus points, the wireless connection was good, parking is free (but in this area most places are), there is a fridge and microwave in the room, and both appliances in my room were clean. Oh, and they give you a voucher for free breakfast at McDonald's (not sure if that'good or bad, but after seeing the room I'm glad they left the food to somebody else, even if it is McD's).
Luckily in my case, the attendant at the desk made an error and said I had only booked for one night, so I paid for one. A little later I went to Holiday Inn Express (only a few doors down) and booked a room for the next evening, for a higher price but commensurately better ambience and setting - but that's another review!
All-in-all, if budget is your key criteria and you have little/no flexibility, then choose this hotel. But if you don't mind spending another £10-15, then do and stay at the Holiday Inn Express (Quality Inn is also meant to be quite good but I have not tried it).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
san jose ca
Reviewed 11 January 2010

The motel is very homey. We were very comfortable in the rooms. Are children had fun running around in the grass area. We didn't have to go far for dinner :0 it was just across the street

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank willgoback
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakdale
Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Motel

Property: Holiday Motel
Address: 950 E F St, Oakdale, CA 95361-4107
Region: United States > California > Oakdale
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oakdale
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Holiday Motel 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Holiday Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.