“Fresh Ingredients and Delicious Vietnamese Food”
Review of Pho 38

Pho 38
Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Oakdale
Phoenix, AZ
“Fresh Ingredients and Delicious Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was fortunate to find this restaurant in Oakdale which is tucked away in a strip mall and not visible or well-marked from the road. Although the interior is average at best, I found the food to be very tasty and the ingredients fresh. This is a big bonus because most food offerings in Oakdale are either fast food or typical American, Mexican or Chinese cuisine, so it is nice to have an offering that is not only different but one that has great flavors. I was in town on business and actually ate here on three occasions. If it were in my hometown, I would be a regular. The staff (perhaps family members?) were friendly as well.

• Visited May 2014

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We tried this little place out by recommendation from our friends while we were staying with family in Oakdale. Our server was extremely friendly and genuinely wanted us to enjoy our experience there. The portions were a bit small, but everything was very tasty and fresh. The only reason I can't give them 5 stars is because they were out of Pho broth... by 6pm...WHAT?! Pho is in the name of your restaurant! Don't let that happen!
We'll be back to try the Pho next time we're in town. =)

• Visited April 2014
oakdale, Ca.
“A true winner”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

For fresh flavors, helpful service, good prices, and a satisfying meal....this is it in Oakdale.
I lived in the area for years, and this is a great addition. Living in the Bay area for decades, one gets used to great ethnic small restaurants, and this matches up well with anything in the Bay.
The Pho, noodle dishes, spring rolls, Thai ice tea, etc. all live up to expectations. Decor is so-so, but hey, you came to eat. Enjoy...I do over & over again.

• Visited January 2014
Oakdale, California
“Phobulous!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a great little gem of a restaurant. Service is great and they will explain to you all about the food. I've tried a couple of different items, and they all have been good. Not sure exactly what I'm eating sometimes, but that's half the adventure. The prices are great. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting something other than Mexican food or pizza when visiting Oakdale.

• Visited November 2013
Oakdale, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite... Shrimp Spring Rolls!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Finally... a place in Oakdale that has fresh spring rolls! These are my favorite! They are fresh, delicious, and oh so tasty! I just tried the chicken salad and it is now added to favorites list. They also make a great shake!

Pho 38 has a very friendly staff that give great recommendations on their menu. I will keep coming back!

• Visited November 2013

Been to Pho 38? Share your experiences!