“Oakdale Plus”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Oakdale
Yuba City, California
“Oakdale Plus”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Friendly staff, clean room with fridge, coffee maker and microwave, blow dryer, internet was okay. Full continental breakfast includes eggs, waffles, cereals, fruit, breads, etc. Close to restaurants and shopping. Decent price. Stayed here twice in two weeks. Comfortable bed. Will come back. Only issue was a delivery truck driver hollering at 5:30 am but that wasn't their fault.

Room Tip: Liked second floor room so I could open the window. Like fresh air instead of the ac noise all night...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Katie M
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you very much for your stay at our hotel. We all work very hard to make sure that we meet
all guests expectations and we are happy that we met yours. We are looking forward to seeing
you again in the near future.
Cathy Ellak Guest Services Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Could not ask for more from a hotel, the beds were comfy and the breakfast is free and tasty! My wife and I stayed with them in March of 2013, the area seems safe and the folks at the front desk actually talked to us instead of like most places where they are all business and can't talk with the guests, we will stay there again when we visit out there next time.

Room Tip: Very clean hotel, nice and friendly staff.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dgress60
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you very much for being a loyal hotel customer. We are so happy that you returned to stay
with us again. We work towards meeting every guests expectations. We hope that you will
return again in the near future.
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Yosemite. The room was clean and cozy and comfortable- always appreciate a great shower head!
The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful
The pool was closed- but that didn't affect us at all
We walked down the street to Ferrarese's for dinner- highly recommended!
The breakfast was delicious and fabulous to start our day of hiking Yosemite!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelGx2
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you very much for your stay at our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything
in the hotel while on your way to Yosemite. We work very hard on meeting all guests
expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future.
Staunton
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Very nice property! Arrived here after a very long day. When I told the desk clerk that I may be interested in two rooms since one of our party had coughed the whole night previous, she immediately offered a discount which enabled me to get the two adjoining rooms and accompanying good night's sleep! The rooms were just fine--very clean--extra coffee for the coffeemaker (a big deal for me), and all-over good experience. Breakfast was great too!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Foamergirl
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to meet all of our guests
expectations. We hope that you can come back again in the near future.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Oakdale for three days and the stay was very enjoyable. The room had a King sized bed with lots of pillows. Since there was only one bed, there was a table and sitting area. The room had what appears to be a brand new 32" flat screen TV and the remote comes in a bag marked "fresh". Nice to know that they clean the remotes!

There was no traffic noise to speak of and having an enclosed hallway to the rooms was a plus. The front desk staff were friendly and I chatted with them on several occasions about the area and other surrounding attractions.

There is a breakfast buffet which is a little above the typical fare. Cereal, Toast, Danish, Waffles. There was a different type of egg and meat each morning. Sunday morning there was a good sized crowd in the breakfast room but there were still plenty of places to sit and the food remained well stocked.

Last but not least, there is good Wi-Fi service through out the hotel and in the rooms. There was a nice desk with a plug-in for the laptop on top of the desk. That was a nice touch as I know we've all struggled to find outlets in our hotel rooms from time to time.

I highly recommend this hotel and it is a great stopping off point on the way to or from Yosemite.

Room Tip: Seems like all rooms are good. But, be sure to get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JayDay2001
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am so happy that you totally enjoyed
the hotel including our breakfast. Our goal is to meet every guests expectations and make
your stay a memorable one. We hope that you are able to come back and see us again in the
near future.
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

As a frequent staying member, I drove to Oakdale for business from my home two hours away. On arriving, I was almost out of gas; that's when I realized I had left my wallet at home with cash and credit cards. I figured it would be no problem with the hotel since I had already made my reservation and they knew me from my almost weekly stays. My bank helped me get some money from my account (no ATM card) for gas and food for my stay. When I got to the Best Western that afternoon, they would not accept my reservation because I had no credit card to show it was me that made the reservation. It was CASH or the ROAD, so I paid the cash I had, and had to go back to the bank the next day for more money for gas and food.

It was an awful feeling to be that far away from home without a wallet. The bank was very helpful and got me through the trip; I won't be going back to the Best Western Rama Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
I again apolgize for your inconvenience as we discussed over the telephone. As stated before
we have to follow our credit card procedures for all guests which is protection for everyone.
I do hope that sometime in the future that you will be able to again come back and stay with us
in the near future.
Auburn, CA
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Spent better part of three weeks at the BW Rama Inn while in Oakdale on business and found the room and staff excellent. I routinely stopped back to my room about 11:00 a.m. and always found it had been cleaned by that time. Wireless connection worked flawlessly and there is a house printer available, plus desk clerk scanned and emailed me documents a couple of times. Lots of services directly nearby - UPS store, grocery, restaurant, etc and a Starbucks about a 1/4 mile away.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
BWRAMA, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you very much for the oustanding review you made of our hotel. We are very pleased
that you are continuing to do business with us. Our goal is to exceed every guests expecatations
while staying in our hotel. We hope that everything continues to exceed your expectations.
Cathy Ellak Guest Services Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakdale
Holiday Inn Express Oakdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Ramada Modesto
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto

Been to Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!