“Just average breakfast fare here”

Yosemite Gateway Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We serve american food at reasonable prices. We offer our hotel guests a 25% discount for breakfast. Open for Breakfast and Dinner. We have a full service Lounge.
Sacramento, California
“Just average breakfast fare here”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Convenient to the BW next door, 25% discount but nothing to write home about. Friendly but overworked staff delivered toast very late in the meal.

Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
Brisbane, Australia
“A Gastronomical Delight”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This Restaurant would have to be one of the best I and my family have eaten at, the meals were well portioned and absolutely delicious. Coming from Australia we were not used to the wonderful generous sizes of the deserts, but that was OK as a doggy bag was provided, by the wonderful friendly staff. I would highly recommend this restaurant as the place to eat when visiting Oakhurst or travelling through to Yosemite National Park

Visited February 2014
Lutz, Florida
“Grateful Dinner, Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had visited Yosemite National Park that day and had left a little later than planned (because it was so beautiful in the evening). We were recommended to the Sweetwater Steakhouse but they were closed when we arrived. Just as we thought our dinner choices were out, we saw a light on at the restaurant next to the Best Western hotel. It was 9:55 pm but we thought we would try. We were joyfully greeted by the host who informed me they were open till 10:00 upon my asking, but she insisted we stay and eat. We reluctantly agreed (I don't like to feel rushed when I eat) but at the same time we were extremely grateful they didn't shoo us away. Needless to say, we weren't anticipating the wonderful surprise that was in store for us. Our server, JJ, was such a delight. Her enthusiasm for her job, co-workers, and surrounding community was very refreshing. JJ's positive spirit poured out in her service to our table. She was very perceptive and made us feel special and she, or any of the other staff, never made us feel like we had inconvenienced the establishment with our late arrival. And to top things off, the food was amazing. My son and I each had salmon and my wife had the almond crusted fish (I don't remember the menu names). Great portions and definitely a treat for the palate. Hats off to the chef and to the staff and a special thanks to JJ for making our dinner so memorable. My only regret is we live in Florida so we can't eat there more often. Best wishes for continued success!!!

• Visited May 2014
Bass Lake, California
“Everthing is from Scratch”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Mike has done it again at the Yosemite Gateway Restaurant. He has been a favorite chef here in the Oakhurst community. His spaghetti is al dente with a wonderful sauce seasoned to my liking. The ciabatta roll was an excellent pairing with the juicy hamburger my husband ate and raved about. Our friends at our table split a huge order of ribs that fell off the bone. The dinner salad was huge with crispy, cold, fresh lettuce and veggies. Hiphip hooray for Yosemite Gateway in hiring Mike to cook for their customers. I will go back again and again. Everything is from Scratch.

• Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good dinner and breakfast”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We ate there for dinner and had the herb chicken and it was very good. We also got a discount and ate there for breakfast. All the food was well prepared. The staff was very friendly.

Visited May 2014