“Great food, great service”

Yosemite Gateway Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are an American, Seafood and Steakhouse style restaurant. Y.G.R. offers a dinning experience for any and all individuals. Our quaint dinning room is perfect for couples, travelers, families and large groups. We also have a gorgeous lounge with a cozy fireplace, full bar, huge whiskey selection and six flat screen televisions. With a diverse menu and friendly staff we are willing to accommodate any needs. Visit us on Facebook to hear about our regular Comedy Shows with National Touring Comedians, Live music, Charity events and more awesome entertainment. Conveniently located next to beautifully built Best Western, equipped with many amenities.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I,tried the texas bbq brisket according to,advice received by Kalon our server tonight. It was just great! My kids lovee their spaghetti marinara.
Our server was really great, he took some time to share with us his advices on our trip to Yosemite the next day. Thank you Kalon for this nice service!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Staying nearby we had breakfast here. Can't fault the food or the service. Maybe more pricey than some, thought the granola and fruit very overpriced.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Convenient to the BW next door, 25% discount but nothing to write home about. Friendly but overworked staff delivered toast very late in the meal.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This Restaurant would have to be one of the best I and my family have eaten at, the meals were well portioned and absolutely delicious. Coming from Australia we were not used to the wonderful generous sizes of the deserts, but that was OK as a doggy bag was provided, by the wonderful friendly staff. I would highly recommend this restaurant as the place to eat when visiting Oakhurst or travelling through to Yosemite National Park

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had visited Yosemite National Park that day and had left a little later than planned (because it was so beautiful in the evening). We were recommended to the Sweetwater Steakhouse but they were closed when we arrived. Just as we thought our dinner choices were out, we saw a light on at the restaurant next to the Best Western hotel. It was 9:55 pm but we thought we would try. We were joyfully greeted by the host who informed me they were open till 10:00 upon my asking, but she insisted we stay and eat. We reluctantly agreed (I don't like to feel rushed when I eat) but at the same time we were extremely grateful they didn't shoo us away. Needless to say, we weren't anticipating the wonderful surprise that was in store for us. Our server, JJ, was such a delight. Her enthusiasm for her job, co-workers, and surrounding community was very refreshing. JJ's positive spirit poured out in her service to our table. She was very perceptive and made us feel special and she, or any of the other staff, never made us feel like we had inconvenienced the establishment with our late arrival. And to top things off, the food was amazing. My son and I each had salmon and my wife had the almond crusted fish (I don't remember the menu names). Great portions and definitely a treat for the palate. Hats off to the chef and to the staff and a special thanks to JJ for making our dinner so memorable. My only regret is we live in Florida so we can't eat there more often. Best wishes for continued success!!!

Been to Yosemite Gateway Restaurant? Share your experiences!