“Very restful”

Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Oakhurst
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights . Lovely sized room slightly dated decor wise but clean and bed comfortable. Nice little swimming pool and the free breakfast was a nice surprise . All staff were vey helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Got into town after 12 hours behind the wheel a little brain dead. Very impressed with the outside and lobby. Gave them my name for the reservation and they could not find it. Come to find out my reservation was at the hotel next door. Seems it happens quite a bit as one is called Yosemite Gateway and the other Yosemite Southgate. I bit left down when we saw our hotel but that was only because we had seen the other. Staff was very nice, room large, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was adequate and they have a room off the lobby you can sit in, although we chose to take ours to our room. Biggest TV I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great location for visiting Yosemite . Just 12 miles up Highway 41. There where some issues with the hotel,the furniture and fittings are a bit tired and could do with renewing ,we had a room at the back of the property ( 419 ) at 6 AM a coach started up and sat with its engine idling wile the driver went for breakfast and came back at 7 AM.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The rooms were dated , but nice and large and clean. Nice complimentary breakfast. A lot to choose from. The kids had a great time in the pool. Every employee we encountered was vary helpful and friendly. Housekeepers would say good morning or afternoon every time they saw a guest in the hall ways. And I want to thank Debbie the manager for recommending El Cid for dinner. Best Mexican food I have ever ate. Thanks for the great stay we will be back again.

Room Tip: Top floor back side of hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Innsight_Hospitality, Owner at Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Val:

We love Perfect Score Reviews! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review and thanks for staying with us! We really take pride in our hotel and our staff tries very hard to make sure our guests are happy.

Do come and visit us again. Book directly with us at yosemitesouthgate.com where you'll find our lowest rates and discounts.

See you soon,

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Has a nice pool and the room was clean and fresh. It was very quite. It is just minutes from the park. Breakfast was good. I would stay again and highly recommended it. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your Perfect Score Review. Our staff is thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We work hard to make sure Yosemite Southgate is a perfect place to stay when visiting Yosemite: Quality, Cleanliness, Amenities, and Hospitality--All at a Value.

We'd love for you to stay with us again and spread the word--book directly with us at yosemitesouthgate.com and enter promo code: tripadvisor to get a few more bucks off!

Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean and the staffs were very friendly. We requested a change of a room due to number of beds issue and very quickly, this was accommodated. There is plenty of parking, very close to main entrance. What we liked about this place was that there are plenty of restaurants near by where you can have a decent meal and all walking distance. Pool and the hot tub stayed open till 10PM – great as you do not get in late anyway from hikes. Lift was so so slow and many times, we wondered if we were going to get stuck inside it. Rooms could do with uplift, especially in the bathroom, but they were clean and spacious.
Breakfast room is little cramp, but it is ok, as you can sit in the lobby. Plenty of food selection, to go around.
We will most definitely stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: Go for the lower floor rooms, if you have lot of luggage and they are less noisy as I have been told...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank harmesh_b

Harmesh:

Thank You for leaving a great review for us at Yosemite Southgate Hotel. The staff really appreciates your kind words. We do recognize that certain parts of our hotel do need a little bit of an uplift and this is definitely on our radar. We've been making a steady set of improvements such a 46 inch LED TVs, RFID Locks, a new pool, new parking lot, and there's more to come in the future.

So please do come see us again and you'll see a difference. Book directly with us at yosemitesouthgate.com and you'll find our lowest rates.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I realize that most lodging options near National Parks are wanting but this place really needs a renovation. While the room was spacious enough the furniture and soft goods are tired and super dated. The elevator was so slow as to seem not to be working. The first night I was put into a first floor room. It seems that the person above me (on the 2nd floor) was a worrier because I swear they paced all night with the constant squeaking of the floor being a testament to this. I went to the desk the next morning to express my dissatisfaction. Before I could finish my sentence the churlish desk clerk told me that the building was built in the 80's and that the floors squeaked. Uh, ok, how about a solution instead of an excuse, churlish desk clerk? I took the initiative and asked to be moved to the top floor. This was granted although no offer to move my belongings were made.

So am I asking for too much? I don't think so: not for $140/night.

And to the manager that responds to these reviews: please don't use boilerplate verbiage and tell me to book directly through the hotel for my next rip: there won't be one and that's what I did for this trip.

Room Tip: Top floor, to avoid the squeaky floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BobZAtlanta_Ga

Dear Bob:

I wanted to take some time to thank you for your review. We look at all reviews, positive or negative, as valuable. We do recognize some of our soft goods are in need of replacement, and we are working on this. We pride ourselves on being a high quality, high value place to stay. Our rooms are the most spacious, clean rooms in the Yosemite area. We also pride ourselves on our service so I am very disappointed that my front desk staff did not do better to satisfy you.

So here's a solution: we'd like to see you again and right our wrongs. Contact us directly at the hotel and we'll discount your next stay significantly and work to get your business back and make sure you are happy.

Raj - Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal

Been to Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!