“Best decision” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
Laguna Hills, California
“Best decision”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was about this same time last Sunday I was enjoying a delicious breakfast on the patio at Pine Rose Inn in Oakhurst. I did not want to drive to Yosemite in one day, and stopping in Oakhurst for the night worked for my schedule. I was greeted warmly and felt comfortable right away. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to staying at Pine Rose Inn again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hosts Anita and Greg are just lovely hosts and made us feel extremely welcome. We very much enjoyed their company and the delicious breakfast they serve in the mornings.
The place is indeed cluttered but not dirty at all the rooms are on the small side perhaps but perfectly adequate. The entire place may desperately need re-decorating to some but to me it was so nice to stay in a room with old but beautiful furniture. It was a bit like sleeping in an antique shop.
If you have extremely high standards or expectations with no budget concerns then this is not the place for you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Musti S
Mellieha, Malta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The "Dome Room", officially for 2 persons, is very small without even chairs or table.
Hardly any place for traveler's luggage.
The interior is cluttered and aging, the outside area is unattractive (cluttered and overgrown).
The electric heater after a while did trip a fuse someplace outside the room.
The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Use one of the major chain hotels in Oakhurst, better and lower cost.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AbrahamPotappel

Travellers are raving about these Oakhurst hotels

Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My 3 day weekend that I had planned for my family started bad when I went to a cabin in the middle of a city, once we arrived I immediately started looking for somewhere else to stay. I called the Pine Rose Inn and asked if their largest room was available. It was night but they made it possible for us to have 2 rooms to fit the 7 of us and gave us a great rate. The next day we pulled up and I was greeted by the very sweet owner Anita. She immediatly dropped what she was doing and showed us our rooms to make sure that they were okay for our needs. We stayed in rooms 6 and 7 and our rooms were beyond beautiful. Every room in the inn are unique. Our rooms were both equipped with a full kitchen and jacuzzi bath tub. They each also had a private outdoor sitting are in the front and a private parking righ in front of your room. After settling in we were walking around the property and we were shown the BBQ that we could use and the big firepit to have a fire. We also met Anna the housekeeper and her family. We ended up all BBQing together and had a nice fire. The next morning we went up to a wonderful breakfast with a ham, quish, biscuits, coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. Anita was great and made sure that we had all we needed. This place and all the people who run it is amazing, I am so sad to see people bash this place. It is not in any way dirty but it is unique and rustic. I am excited to come back during the summer. You can not meet a nicer owner. It is a 15 minute drive into Yosemite and a 5 minute drive to Bass Lake. This is most definatly our new favorite place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

First impression was all the debris outside. Stuff from a garage sale and renovation all about. Weeds. Anita was nice, but surprised we asked for an 8am breakfast. We said today and coffee would be fine. In our room out was discovered the bedside table lamps didn't work. She blamed out on all the electronics the previous tenants used. I mean, she was thankful we tried to help make sure all was plugged in. Our room#7 was dusty, stairs to the toilet a danger with no rail. TV reception poor considering it was cable. So at 8am she was surprised to see us. She had forgotten we'd asked for toast & coffee. Although we kept reminding her we needed to go, we didn't get out til after 9. To Anita's credit, she tried to comp us for the mix up. The carafe holding coffee, cereal, the flatware could use a good washing. Sad place.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Lunatina
Fresno, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Last Saturday night my boyfriend and I went and got a room at the Pine Rose Inn. We got the room and then left to go have dinner at Bass Lake. When we got into our room the first thing we noticed was the horrible smell. We had bought some beer at the local store down the road and proceeded to put them in the old refrigerator in the room. The old refrigerator was slanted and two beers fell out, not breaking the bottle but popping the seal on them. Beer went everywhere. We cleaned that up with a towel. I went to sit on the bed and when I took off the comforter I noticed the pillow cases and bedding were discolored. I don't know if it was from being bleached or someone sweating profusely, but at any rate the linens were not in good condition. My boyfriend went to turn on the tv, it was covered in dust, dirt and pollen. He got up on a chair and cleaned it off with a rag in the hotel. The rag was filthy after. The one toothed lady who owns the Pine Rose Inn said someone was smoking in the room previously so she had a lady wipe the walls down in the room, yet the base boards had thick greyish dirt and dust on the ledge all around the room. I was had brought a bag of popcorn, that I tried to pop, but the microwave ran and ran without one kernel popping. There was a shelf where dishes, cups and a toaster were on that had food from the previous people. When we went into the bathroom on the rim of the toilet where the toilet seat attaches to the toilet there was yellow orange urine grime and a few public hairs. There was also a pubic hair in the sink. My boyfriend then went to go talk to the lady, her and her son came down. At first when she came into the room she was upset that she had paid someone $20 to clean the room and they didn't do a good job. She took us into another room and asked us if this one would be fine. In that room the toilet wasn't cleaned again. Just because the inside of the toilet is clean doesn't make the toilet clean if the outside isn't clean. She asked if it was good enough and I said no. I told her that she would have to bring me a roll of paper towels and a bottle of cleaner if I was going to use that toilet. She then said, " Well it doesn't look like you need to stay here if you expect things to be spic and span." We said ok we will get our things and we will be up so you can refund our money.We gathered up our things and remade the bed. When we had come up to get our refund the owner lady had gone and talked to the cleaning lady, who happens to live on site. She told us that it was clean and the girl who cleaned the room said so. I told her we just want a refund and be on our way. The owner lady began telling me that I have to go tell the cleaning lady that the room wasn't cleaned. I told the owner that I wasn't going to go talk to her, and that I just wanted my refund and go somewhere else. She kept insisting that I go talk to her very rudely. Then the owner began telling me that I shouldn't get my money back because we had messed up the room. Now granted we did spill two beers, but we cleaned it up and at that time she didn't even notice that it was spilled. She only noticed the two crazily foaming half empty beer bottles with the caps still on them in the sink though. She kept on about how she wasn't going to give us all our money back because she was going to have to clean the room again. I told her that the room wasn't even clean to begin with. After about 15 minutes of this conversation going nowhere and her being rude and aggressive I snapped and began yelling, "Give me back my money now I want to leave now!" She began yelling even more. A few minutes later I told her that this experience was so horrible I was going to write a horrible review on her. Then she became very irate. The situation was out of control. I was yelling and screaming telling her I want my money back and I want to leave. It got so out of hand my boyfriend who wasn't saying anything told her that if she refused to refund our money we were going to call the police. We left the office/inside her house and went outside. After we were outside she went to go talk to her cleaning lady, then about 10 people who all lived there all went down to look at the room. 15 minutes later they came back up and were talking to my boyfriend. The owner lady was proclaiming that the room was fine and it wasn't dirty. The cleaning lady was outside saying she cleaned it and it was cleaned. I didn't want to start another argument so I didn't say anything to her. I know the job she did was unacceptable because I currently clean private residences and also work part-time for a property management cleaning vacation rentals in Yosemite National Park, some being high end homes and others being rustic cabins. Public hair, urine, food on the counters, badly stained sheets, microwaves that don't work, unlevel refrigerators, dirty tvs, and base boards with lots of dust are NOT acceptable. If I performed my job like the cleaning lady did I would not have a job!!!! I went up and told her she needed to give us a refund. After this she went inside and a nice man named Eugene helped us get a refund in the end but after this point from the lady going back inside again it took about 40 minutes for us to be on our way. I understand this is a rustic Inn. I am from Oakhurst and actually lived on a road about a mile down the road from the Pine Rose Inn previously, but I expect my room to be clean not a total disgusting mess.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Kristi H
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

My Fiance and I took a trip from L.A to the mountains for a romantic 3 day getaway, and had the pleasure of staying at the Pine Rose Inn. Our room was what you would expect a rustic Bed & Breakfast to be and was immaculate! The owner Anita was very pleasant as well as accomadating. Our breakfasts were delicious and were served in the open air on the patio. The best part of our stay was the night before we went back to L.A. In conversation my Fiance and I had mentioned to the owner, Anita that we would like to use the hot tub around 9pm that night to relax from our long day of hiking we had planned for the day. Around 8:45 there was a knock at our door to tell us that the hot tub was ready for us. When we went down there we were shocked to see the amount of effort she had gone through to ensure that we had a great experience...Wine, candles and soft music was playing! Very romantic & relaxing! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawnah A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,616 reviews
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite

Been to Pine Rose Inn? Share your experiences!