“Be warned dirty buisness”
Review of Pine Rose Inn

Pine Rose Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
Visalia, California
“Be warned dirty buisness”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I really tried, and I was not even going to a review because I felt so bad for the owner. There was standing water in tub.The room was sprayed with some terrible air fresher The furniture torn. The bathtub was gross dirty.When we decided to leave the owner said no one has ever left because of the dirty rooms.They even pretended to credit back our credit card for the room, we even have a receipt that says transaction was canceled, but if you look closely the credit was made offline and was not applied to our card. The woman that owned the place tugged at my heart strings when she began to cry because she works so hard and this never happens. I just could not stay in that place and get a good nights sleep and have felt bad for her the entire ride home.Then the deception with the card just left me to believe that I was cheated. I called her back the next day about the card and she was confused as to who I was. The next day,after telling me no one ever leaves because the rooms were dirty. Then she remembered after I gave her more details. She acted more confused and struggled to find my information to no avail. I said that I would call back, and I will. I feel like theses people were dishonest with us and tried to manipulate us. I am not a mean person and have never commented this much on any place. This was just bad, if they are not trying to take advantage They are at least not very organized . I know that I was not supposed to get emotional, but we can not afford to be cheated and the romance of our trip was taken away by the dirty tub,and room. The tub was gross. Oh did I mention no hot water.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LAHJTH

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Macae, RJ
Reviewed 4 August 2010

It,s hard to bilieve in praise placed here, seems to have been made by the owner of the place. Extremely expensive hotel, strange, extremely dirty. The breakfast is a big lie, since it is served from 09 am, too late for thouse who want to visit the park.
Avoid that place, to pay dear, search other hotels knowledge.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank costapaixao

Travellers are raving about these Oakhurst hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We have just returned to Portland after spending three days and nights at the Pine Rose Inn. There were 10 of our family attending a large family reunion. What a great place to stay! Anita and Greg are the perfect hosts. Her great breakfasts are really special. I figured those were worth over $100 each day making the total very reasonable for the cost of our rooms. I am certainly glad that I hadn't read some of the reviews, because that is not at all what we found at the Pine Rose. Yes, this is not the place for someone who wants everything perfect-- I think the review that referred to the mint on the pillow said it well, but i can assure you we really got more than a mint. We had many other family members drop by for a birthday party and both Anita and Greg kept doing things to make it a perfect evening for another 20 people. Those homemade cranberry/orange scones and cinnamon rolls she made for breakfast were out of this world. This is a fun place to stay. Our sons-in-law made good use of the internet access. We recommend the Pine Rose Inn highly--- and I can assure you that my married daughters and their mother are fussy. Their recommendation does not come lightly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I so enjoyed staying at the Pine Rose Inn run by caring Anita and her helpful son Greg. It felt like I was staying with friends or family. I could not believe the preparation Anita goes to in order to prepare homemade bread, cinnamon buns or bisquits. She made a different breakfast for the guests each morning on our 4 nights stay. Perhaps rather than to describe what it was like in words...I made a "youtube" of our trip to Yosemite and it includes images of breakfast on the deck, including Anita holding her freshly baked bread. See Yosemite Dreams June 2010 at:
My bed was comfy, the room's kitchen utensils did not match, and there were too many antiques for my taste . . . but I came for the amazing wonders of Yosemite, nature, the delightful boat ride on nearby Bass Lake, and riding the Yosemite Mt. Sugar Pine steam train. What I was impressed with were the interesting B&B guests, (an artist sketching on the deck, a wedding planner sharing funny experiences at breakfast, a few hikers, a lovely couple with their baby girl Ella, etc., and the kindness of the owners, Anita and Greg. Their "mountain man" Bill played frisbee with two children and taught them how to paint ladybugs on smooth round stones. He also took my friend Gloria and I across the road from the Pine Rose B&B to show us an abundance of wildflowers. He looked a little like a bewhiskered mountain man version of "Popeye" without a pipe, but he sees smiling faces in wildflowers, and has a gentle, nature loving spirit and a fun sense of humor. (See him in my youtube flexing his muscles!) I look forward to going back to the Pine Rose Inn as I'm a nature lover who also enjoys photography and writing. Aside from repeat customers and tourists, the location would be a good place for a writers workshop. it is a peaceful environment, as shown by the cat sleeping on the deck. Everyone would feel comfortable. I also appreciated the roses surrounding the property, and a variety of other flowers. I liked watching the hummingbirds and other birds using the feeders they have hanging on the deck. This place is not for people who want a chocolate truffle on their pillows and turned down beds at night. They should not stay here. It's not an A rating, but it is an A-OK cozy, quiet place to stay. When I take a tour group to Yosemite, we stay inside the Park at the Lodge as that is the type of lodging they expect. But, I personally look forward to returning to the homey, interesting Pine Rose Inn in Oakhurst, seeing the surrounding areas and definitely seeing Anita, Greg, Bill, and Brenda. The drive into incredible Yosemite Valley from the Inn is part of the pleasure, as is the Tioga Pass which we drove on our return trip to Pasadena, California. Everyone needs to see Yosemite in their lifetime, no matter where they stay.
Marlene Gordon Pfeifer,
Tour Director and Owner of The Next Stage Tours, Pasadena, CA

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marlena-Pasadena
Coventry
Reviewed 28 June 2010

The worst place I have ever stayed. It needs to be cleaned throughly and decluttered. We found cobwebs, spiders, dust etc in our very crowded small room. Our breakfast was terrible The fruit was over riped, eggs tasted terrible and the rolls were dry. The cups, silverware etc. also need cleaning. We only stayed one night and left for another hotel. Anita is pleasent so we just didn't have the heart to tell her why we left early.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cruisinkathy
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 June 2010

The place was dirty. The bed spread was falling apart and the mattress soft an irregular. One chair sagged down when you sat in it, and the other had the stuffing leaking out. We were forced to stay there one night because we arrived to late to find an altenative. but cancelled our other 2 nights even before we were sure we could find alternate accomodations.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pierp002
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 4 March 2010

We wanted to go to Yosemite for our anniversary and this was the best value we found, even though it's a bit of a drive into the park. We stayed in the Bird's Nest room and loved it. No problems regarding cleanliness...the only thing that was quirky was how the kitchenette was stocked...it was a hodge-podge of mismatched things and we weren't sure what we had available when we went grocery shopping. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and the privacy of our little suite. Breakfast was OK...could have been better. Overall, we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite-Oakhurst
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
The Pines Resort
The Pines Resort
#1 of 1 in Bass Lake

Been to Pine Rose Inn? Share your experiences!