“Sets a high standard for B and B”
Review of A Bed of Roses B&B

and 1 more site!
A Bed of Roses B&B
Ranked #4 of 10 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Sets a high standard for B and B”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I love camping. I really do. So I was really excited when my friends from out of town said "we are going to Yosemite." I started to see if I had any tent and sleeping gear but they told me, "we are staying at a B and B." What. What kind of camping is this? After a long day of hiking, I was surprised to have such an amazing experience at this b and b. Mary K and Steve are so incredibly humble and sweet. They are really good at what they do which is authentic hospitality.

The room we stayed in was awesome with windows that had the views of the mountains, wifi access, small heaters in case we got cold, comfortable beds, and DirectTV which we did not use.

They also let us use the outdoor grill for some grilling and everything worked perfectly.

Breakfast the next day was really delicious and you can see the excitement in Mary K and Steve's eyes when they want you to sign their guest book, write on their white board, and take a picture of you to send it to you.

All in all, great experience, really nice couple, and such an amazing stay. 5/5

FYI, there are two cats that hang out outside. When all my friends went to sleep and I wanted to go outside and look at the stars, the cats kept following me. As I sat down and was looking at the sky, the cats were just hanging out on the ground next to me. I think they thought they were dogs and forgot that they were cats.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Caumont-sur-Durance
Reviewed 10 March 2014

At a few miles to the south entry of the Yosemite, in a very quiet house surrounded by a flourishing garden, we slept in a large, clean room, which has an en suite bathroom with a spa. Our room, the Wild Rose, is perfect to see the sun rise in the valley. A copious breakfast, with a fresh fruit salad, an excellent omelette and an oat and apple crumble. Scrumptious! But what is the best at the Bed of Rose B&B, is Mary and Steve’s welcome. We felt like we were part of their family. Thank you so much, and if we come back in this area, we will definitely stay at your home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 February 2014

In August 2013 we toured Sequoia, Yosemite and the California's northern Redwood coast as a family. After researching places to stay close to Yosemite, I discovered Steve and Mary Kay's little treasure. I booked after having an informative and enjoyable conversation with her-- I was most impressed by her honesty (even though the B&B is only about 10 miles from the park entrance, she said the roads were winding and we ought to allow plenty of time.) We were not disappointed! The view from our bedroom window, their ability to accommodate four of us in one room, the brilliance of the stars against the black velvet sky, the aroma of the warm Ponderosa pines surrounding the home--all of this in addition to their gracious attitude and the delicious breakfast spread--all contributed to our stay being a highlight of the trip--Oh yes-- it was quite direct and much faster to get to Yosemite than we had supposed!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SkylinePatty
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This Bed and Breakfast is in an ideal location for those who want good access to Yosemite Park, and you'll have access to a nice variety of good restaurants in Oakhurst CA. The hosts are very friendly and interesting people and genuinely love what they do. They will serve you a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night here. The bedroom was very comfortable with a huge bed. But the best was the view of the mountains when we woke up. Priceless.
The breakfast was also very yummy and abundant.
Both our hosts were very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Red Rose, the room is fabulous with a private deck, great morning and evening view, and we can even see lots of stars at night. Steve and Mary Kay are very nice and pleasant, they gave us good tips on where to go and look out for when going to Yosemite National Park. Their breakfast each morning was fabulous, delicious.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a great Bed and Breakfast with a friendly and helpful couple that run the business. It was easy to book online, breakfast was delicious, and we also had a lot of privacy. I would definitely book again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal

Been to A Bed of Roses B&B? Share your experiences!