“Normally do not give 5 stars but...”

Southgate Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Oakhurst
Reviewed 17 July 2014

...will give this place 5!!!

Awesome food, awesome beer....GREAT people.....my wife and I stayed in Oakhurst for 3 nights and ate ALL our meals here.

Sat at the bar all the 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the food,beer and local people with whom we chatted. In addition the staff was very enjoyable and great.

If you are in Oakhurst this is the place to spend your time!!!

All reviews
"great brewery"
"artichoke hearts"
"variety of choices"

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We tried to get in this place the night before we actually ate there but it was so busy we left. We tried the day after around lunchtime and it was not as busy.
Lots of food specials and beer specials on the board and when they are out, that's it, they just write 'out' on the boards.
My husband had a burger with garlic and parmesan fries and it looked delicious, I had fish and chips, being British, and it was really nice.
Cost for both of us was $40 with drinks, the water is free. We had to leave either a credit card behind the till or $100 as like a deposit!!
They do sell non alcoholic beer and they make their own root beer.
Toilets were clean. There were a few flies around inside and maybe they should invest one of the machines you put on the wall that zaps them.
There is a room in the back for extra customers but it is out of the way and warm in there.
Sports screens around the pub with lots of different sports on.
Seems a really popular place to go and gets very busy.
Lots of car parking spaces available.
Downside........some staff should maybe have more interest in the customer than their own mobile phones.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I am a huge fan of burgers & our Mountain guide recommended this place from the beginning of our adventure.After 4 days in the back country this place was in the back of my mind all the way ,so we went straight to this Oakhurst eatery.I ordered the basic Southgate Burger & was not disappointed.It was awesome & the girl behind the bar was just the same.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Southgate Brewing Company is a great brewery and restaurant. We especially enjoy the fish tacos. The pizzas are delicious, too. They have an extensive list of beer and you can get a sampler so you can try several. The only drawback is that the main dining area is noisy. There is a room in the back which can be quieter, unless they have live music going on. I'd give it 5 stars if it weren't so noisy.

We make it a point to stop there after a day of kayaking.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went here for dinner our first night in Oakhurst. I found the setup a little odd. No one greeted us when we entered so we walked through the restaurant, down a small hall, looking for an available table. At that point, we asked someone about seating and we were told just to take a table when it became available. All ordering (food and drinks) is done at the bar and then someone brings your food to the table. I am never sure how to tip at places where I do half the work, and frankly, I don’t want to tip just because someone plops food (that I’m paying for) down in front of me. I think this restaurant is a little too pricey for what is essentially a self-service restaurant. I will say the beer we had was good and the food was pretty good as well (we had a burger, a root beer float and two of the pizzas) though I would not go so far as to say it was the best I ever had. I was just a little put off by the type of service. A few signs telling customers to seat themselves or a friendly hostess would have been nice.

1  Thank PhoenixRobin