“All Good :-)”

Denny's
Ranked #40 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los banos
“All Good :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

On our way to Yosemite we stopped in for breakfast. Everything was great from start to finish. We also stopped in on our way home. We had dinner and everything was great. Will recommend. Will stop in again on my next visit when in the area.

• Czech first
Colorado
“Horrid Service! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

After a day in Yosemite, we drove through Oakhurst around 9pm looking for dinner. Seeing as they were open amd served everything, we all agreed on Denny's. After putting our names on the list, 2 of us went to the restroom while the other two got seated. We returned a little while later to see the waitress still had not come by. We gave it a little bit longer but after 15 mins (where we already had chose our meal to make things go faster) we asked an asian man who worked there if he could find our server for us. At that moment from across the room this rather worn down overweight server (not sure of her name but she had brown hair) screamed in a rude voice "I'M RIGHT HERE I WILL BE THERE IN A FEW MINUTES" gave a snotty look and returned to her table she was talking to. The same asian employee looked at us with the same face we made, but his was more of "wow I am so sorry". When the entire room saw this, we decided we weren't going to put up with her as a server and got up to leave. As we left, the asian man apologized and asked if we wanted free drinks but I said no, after 20 mins of waiting and that response we didn't want anything. This has got to be the worst service I have ever seen and we will never stop in or tell friends to eat here since we frequently visiy Yosemite. Tired or not this woman should not be working in a restaraunt setting or with people for that matter.

“terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Visited this Denny's during a stay in Oakhurst and if it was my first experience of the chain I wouldn't be going back. Our drinks were the first thing to go wrong and they arrived over a 20 min period and we had to remind the servers a couple of times before they all came. The food was passable but on the whole with the service that was received it honestly couldn't recommend this restaurant.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Just terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Slowest service ever and when it came, the main course was served before the appetizer which itself was not what we asked for. Our meals got mixed up - the person who asked for medium rare steak got medium and vice versa and they had also run out of vanilla ice cream, which is pretty important for this type of restaurant - who wants chocolate ice cream with Apple pie? I got the impression that there was some chaos in the kitchen and at least we weren't charged for the appetizer but the waitress seemed more exasperated than apologetic. It might have been just a bad night but it was not what we expected.

Visited July 2014
Oakhurst, Ca
“Would not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We tried the Oakhurst Denny's for the second time after a poor experience last year. Thought maybe they had improved. Unfortunately I was wrong.
Although only half full, the noise was unbearable. Sound deadening materials are needed but if they don't improve their service it may not matter.
It took 45 minutes for our order to arrive and it seems like they their portion sizes have been reduced, possibly to cut costs. My biscuit was almost impossible to cut with a knife and it was accompanied with a minimum amount of gravy. Others in my party also noticed the seemingly small portions.
The only reason I give 2 stars is because the waitress tried very hard but she had little to work with.
This is the closest restaurant to my home but I will continue to pass it when we go out to eat.