“El Cids again”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been to the nearby Tenaya Lodge 4 times and each time have stopped by El Cid .. good food and friendly folks .. huge menu

There are newer reviews for El Cid Mexican Cuisine

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a local restaurant that does a great business, although I don't understand why.
Went there for lunch the other day because a friend wanted to eat there.
I ordered a #50 which is a chile rellano and a cheese enchilada. As served it was hard to tell which one was which because they had the same red sauce poured all over both of them. Didn't really make much difference because neither had any taste.
I will say that our waitress was very friendly and tried hard to please. Probably the highlite of the meal. The pico was pretty good.
The meal was overpriced.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

After a day of strenuous hiking, my family decided stop here for dinner, as the parking lot seemed full. Boy was that a mistake! While the rest of my family seemed to enjoy the so-so food, I received bloody beef enchiladas. The beef was literally raw, and when I cut the enchiladas with a fork, blood oozed from the beef. When I complained to our waitress, she said she'd bring out another dish. She returned a few minutes later to inform me that ground beef typically turns pink when it is cooked, and that if I were to get another plate of beef enchiladas, it would still look pink. What? I don't know what type of beef they are using there, but it certainly isn't any I've had before. All the ground beef I've ever cooked typically goes from bloody/pink/red to a nice brown color. So I had to go with shredded beef, which looked cooked. (Note, however, that they only brought out two enchiladas, as I had eaten nearly all of the first one before I noticed that the beef was raw and not colored by the sauce. My dish wasn't even taken off the bill; it was simply "adjusted.") In conclusion, STAY AWAY if you're on vacation and do not wish to get sick from eating raw ground beef.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The day I find a Mexican food restaurant that is better than my local haunt they will have to have a new TripAdvisor rating system. We went here on a Sunday evening for dinner because the parking lot was always crowded. We sat in the back and had a nice view of the cactus garden and mountains beyond. I liked the pico de gallo and chips, which were dusted with chili powder or something. The dinners come with soup or salad. The Albondigas soup was good, but not nearly hot enough. The guacamole was good and the fajitas that my son's girlfriend ordered looked very good as well. The rest of what we ordered was average (green chile burro, taco, tostada, rice and beans). If I factor in the prices (which seemed a little high for Mexican food), I'd have to say the food was below average. If I were in the area and craving Mexican food, I might go here. If I were a local, I'd probably keep looking.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was a wonderful little place, very tasty Mexican food and great service. Ask to sit in back by the window for a garden view complete with colorful birds, hummingbirds & beautiful flowers!

Been to El Cid Mexican Cuisine? Share your experiences!