“steak”

Sweetwater Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

great steak close to yosemite not many restaurants or time so this was better than some nearer the park entrance!

There are newer reviews for Sweetwater Steakhouse

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I loved the food here for two reasons: 1) It was prepared in the classic manor without fancy sauces and salsas and 2) the quality was excellent. We were not wowed by the restaurant itself, everything is a little old and worn but the people who work there were friendly, polite and did their jobs well. I would go back for the Cesar salad alone, it was great. I also ordered the prime rib which was very good. It had been cooked in rock salt so I did slice off the very edge which was a little salty but the rest of the meat was perfect. Prices were very reasonable especially for such good quality.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were at the end of a long day of travelling en route to Yosemite. Driving through Oakhurst we were looking for somewhere that would tempt us to go and look at the menu and hopefully eat. We thought we were going to be disappointed as we started to leave the town till we saw Sweetwater, the menu had something for all of us prices were reasonable and we got a good welcome once inside. We had to wait 10 mins to be seated at a table but were taken to bat area to check out the menu .. Lots of choice! Service and food once seated were excellent and we would recommend. don't leave Oakhurst without paying them a visit

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This place was such a disappointment! There was a pleasant atmosphere, but aside from that everything else stunk! The host was aloof, as was our (extremely sweaty) server. And the food was a complete joke. Everything was overpriced, over/under cooked, bland, or just tasted "off." The quality of the food came nothing near what we expected. While we were there, a rail gave out, causing an older lady to fall. The staff were on it, but then I watched them cautiously set the rail back up without even securing it! What I see here is a hole in the wall designed to look like so much more. This is a tourist trap.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I stopped here after a long day of hiking in Yosemite. We read good things about the place, here on Tripadvisor, so we expected not to be seated right away. All in all, we only had to wait about 20 minutes which was OK.

After about 20 minutes we were guided to a table which was - unfortunately - right across the entrance and thus you could feel the cold air blowing in each time the door opened. I don't blame them for it though; we were offered a place at the bar but we didn't feel like it.

Anyway, we each had some starters which were really tasty. If we didn't temper the service, they would've given us our main course while barely having started the starter. After that, I had the steak which was really good too. It wasn't the best I had eaten, but definitely one of the better ones. But make sure that you have an appetite, because it isn't small!

I'd definitely return here when I get the chance.