“Food is good, Service is not”

Sweetwater Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
California
“Food is good, Service is not”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

After the fast food, pizza places, and Mexican restaurants, Sweetwater seems to be the only reasonably priced place in town. After being in Yosemite all day, i stopped in on my way home. The food was good - the service is not. Go in with a very low expectation. I rated 2 stars based on the service. I guess when you limited competition, you don't have to treat your clients like customers. At no time that i was in there, did I hear a hello, good night, thank you for coming in, or any indication that anyone in the restaurant was appreciative of the customers or knew how to give decent service. They were busy that night, but so are a lot of other restaurants that still can provide good service. and I call out a waiter named Mike P. who needs to learn to look his customers in the eye, as well slow down at their table to a stop, to place the food, the check, or simply to be a good waiter. Not throw it on their table as he dashes by to another table. I still left a reasonable tip, in hope MIke P would pass it on to the support staff, as they were a highlight in the restaurant. If I was traveling through the area again at dinner time, I would push on to another town to have dinner.

an

Visited May 2014
1 Thank threedandj

California
“A Good Meal -- Good Value”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The steak we had was wrapped in bacon -- we didn't think the bacon was cooked quite enough. However the steak itself was better than average and the pricing was within reason. The Steakhouse does have a western atmosphere which could be updated a little.

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We never know what to expect when choosing a local steakhouse, but based on the reviews on T.A., 6 of us decided to give it a try.

My husband and I both had Prime Rib, our friends had the Beef Medallions, Rib Eye Steak, and their Signature Steak. Everyone was very pleased with the taste and the correct amount of doneness. The meal came with either soup or salad, and quite a few potato choices or a vegetable. A basket of soft rolls was also provided.

The ambience was okay, and the hostess and wait staff were pleasant. We would definitely recommend this restaurant, and would come back when we're in this area again. I agree with a previous reviewer that this restaurant had a casual dining atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
Fresno
“Standard average food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good service. Their signature steaks are not signature in my book. If you will be eating steak, I think you are better of going with the prime rib steak. This is my third time here and it is normally standard that when we visit Yosemite NP we always stop here on the way home. Price is good for what you get. Next time I go to Yosemite I want to do some hiking. I also would like to try their breakfast out. Overall, this is a good reliable place to eat. Nothing exceptional, nothing terrible. It will satisfy your hunger. Don't expect to see a greeter when you come in. They will seat you when they see you.

• Visited May 2014
SF
“SUPERB!!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

So, we ate once at our hotel and decided we had to find somewhere else to eat for breakfast. Traveling from inside the park to the lovely town of Oakhurst, we stopped here by chance. As we walked in, there was no greeter/waitress and not many folks and we were a little hesitant as to whether we should stay. A gentlemen on our right was having breakfast; he encouraged us to stay by talking about his breakfast and his wife's favorite breakfast (French toast).
Then out comes Cindy,friendly and efficient--Absolutely the BEST.
The coffee--Piping hot Yum
Absolutely fantastic food--how fantastic you say? So fantastic that we asked for the dinner menus so we could begin planning our next meal!
Here are some of the EXCELLENT items we tried:
French Toast is on Texas Toast
Beef Barley Soup
Beef Vegetable Soup
Salad
Shrimp Scampi
Beef Tamale Scramble ( one of the most interesting)
Big Biscuits
Country style Potatoes

This food was so wonderful and filling; we never were able to even try dessert--there was no room!!!!!
Fantastic staff
Cindy
Bella
Cody
Dana
Caitilin

Thanks to the cooks/chefs we didn't meet but enjoyed daily

Visited May 2014