“Good Value Off-Season”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Oakhurst
Brea, California
“Good Value Off-Season”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a pleasant 1-night stay during the off-season. Price in November was about 1/3 the price for a room mid-summer, so my comments are tempered by that. If I paid $200+/night, I might not be so generous.
Room was spacious and clean enough, the king bed had a pillowtop mattress that was comfortable. There was a desk and two arm chairs (one with a stain on it, however), a small fridge, and a coffee maker. The room was plain, but refurbished fairly recently with granite top for the sink and marble tile in the otherwise plain bathroom.
The free breakfast had a make-your-own waffle maker, but the tour bus crowd eating made it impractical to use. There were bagels, danish, toast, cereal, (very) processed scrambled eggs/sausage, yogurt, etc. Eatable, but that's all. There were only 6 small 2-person tables inside, and 6 larger 4-person tables outside (however, remember it was November!).
The outdoor pool was closed (November), however, it is located in a very nicely landscaped area in the middle of the hotel that I can imagine would be nice in the summer.
Hotel is centrally located in Oakhurst on Hwy 41, and close to a number of restaurants/stores.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mikequanca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Czech first
Mariposa, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was welcomed by a friendly front desk clerk who found me a quiet second floor room at the back of the building. My bathroom smelled so she brought up some pine scented deoderizer I used and put the fan on before I went into the bathroom again. The room was nice and clean and the sheets and bedding smelled fresh. I had a good nights sleep. The inside courtyard landscape was beautiful with very green grass, roses and an arbor. I needed to cancel my second night because of change of plans but I had to make 3 phone calls to Choice Hotels to get my points credited back to my account. I was on hold for 10 minutes and had to call back. But in the end, my persistence with Choice Hotels paid off and I did cancel the second night and receive my points back. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank YosemiteTravelTips
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here only for one night after a short trip to Yosemite National Park. From the valley its about an hour drive to the hotel which wasn't bad at all. A similar hotel like the Comfort Inn inside the Yosemite National Park would have cost much more. We love driving the car anyway so we enjoyed this little trip to the hotel. The Mariposa Groove with the giant sequoias is only 30 minutes drive up north so this was the main reason why we chose this place because we planned to go there next morning. If you plan to go the Mariposa Groovem do it early since the parking lots are small there and there is a big chance that you have to drive to the Visitor Center park there and use the shuttle which takes much more time and you can loose a 1-2 hours from the day.

We loved this little hotel. It was clean, the room was huge and the king size bed was very comfortable. We didn't want to leave :) (Look at my pictures about the room) The location is also good, not far from Yosemite at all and the beautiful Mariposa Groove is just a short drive. The hotel is next to the main road so you can't miss it. There is a gas station next to the building so you can continue your trip with full tank. The breakfast area is way too small and crowded. It was hard to find a place to sit. Go earlier then usually in order to avoid fight for the food. :) The hotel staff always refilled the missing things so it isn't that bad. Anyway it was good to start the day with a breakfast. If you need more than that there are many places nearby where you can eat.

Overall this place was one of our favourite during our 23 days trip in the US. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggages ask for a room on the ground floor if possible. It is hard to go up the s...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our room was very comfortable. Gardens were quite lovely. Front desk staff seemed bored. The breakfast was good, though the toaster was broken 1 morning. These things happen. It was fixed the following morning.

We would stay again despite staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach SC - USA
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Clean, quiet, friendly / helpful staff, attractive room. Refrig & micro wave in room, as was WIFI. Very satisfied. The breakfast ... hot & cold items was quite good and adequate for us. ... We stayed 2 nights in a first floor, 2-queen bed room. ... We took both of the Yosemite tours ... 2 - full day tours ... the Upper Loop and the South Loop. The only problem was that we had a 45 min. drive each way to the West Gate park entrance (hotel to Grand Canyon, and back. I had been told about this by the hotel when I booked. $130/nt seemed a little steep, but low compared to the hotels at the West Gate. We felt good about having picked THIS hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I dont know who picked the picture they use to represent this property, but I know I had reservations about staying here because of it. The hotel is actually quite nice, with a courtyard in the center with rose bushes and other flowers, a nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. My room was quite nice, and extremely clean, which is what matters most. It appeared it had the furniture upgraded recently, because there was a few hundred tables and chairs stacked in the rear parking lot, where I was staying. It had granite counters, and stylish type furniture. Bathroom was sparkling clean. Breakfast was standard Comfort Inn fare, but was prepared better and served better than most. Oakhurst is a nice small town with all the amenities you need for a Yosemite trip. It is a 1.5 hr drive to Yosemite, but accomodations in there are limited and expensive.

Room Tip: Get an inside room facing the courtyard. I jokingly asked for a mountain view room, which got me the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Singapore
Reviewed 3 October 2013

First, if you are looking to stay in Oakhurst so that you can drive up to Yosemite National Park, I would strongly advise against it as it is at least a 1.5 hours drive there. You save much more on traveling time by staying in the park - would definitely do that next time.

We were greeted by a very unfriendly and cold lady at the reception counter. Definitely a big turn-off. However, our room was clean and the king bed was comfortable. Breakfast was average, but they had the standard, good variety - eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereal and some pastries.

Room Tip: My king bed room on the second floor was fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Mountain Trail Lodge
Mountain Trail Lodge
#8 of 9 in Oakhurst

Been to Comfort Inn Yosemite Area? Share your experiences!