“Great time with good food in a beautiful, peaceful setting.”
Review of Sierra Sky Ranch

Sierra Sky Ranch
Ranked #5 of 10 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2010

The staff was helpful and friendly. The grounds are beautiful. Rooms are small, but very comfortable. There are lots of nice places to sit and enjoy the quiet, relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant is excellent! I will be coming back and recommending the Ranch to everyone I know.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sierra Sky Ranch

Reviewed 30 August 2010

The staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgable! Even when we wanted to go thrift store shopping they were able to point us in the right direction. And when you can make 9 women comfortable, relaxed and at home you've accomplished a lot!
French doors off of each room opened up to a "veranda" of sorts, where we sat chatting and snacking, sat by the pool (it was too cool to swim) more chatting and snacking! After dinner in the restaurant (twice baked potatoes were the talk of the table) the staff lit us a fire in the "great room" where we spent hours just relaxing. I would definately recommend this for a relaxing time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We loved our stay at Sierra Sky Ranch. Yosemite is just down the road and it is wonderful to find a place that is so close to the park yet far enough away to still experience the cool town of Oakhurst. The staff ay Sierra Sky ranch are so friendly and helpful. The Ranch is so well decorated and fun to be a part of. You can feel the history and get a sense of the culture that goes with this incredible site. We highly recommend this fine establishment for families ,couples or single travelors.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I recently went AGAIN to Sierra Sky Resort, but this time as a romantic get away, as before I had brought my children, and thought it was a perfect family place, I wasn't so sure how it would be for a romantic place. Well! Didn't have to worry about that one second! Although there are families there, there are so many little private areas to just sit and read, or have a drink, even from your own room. The rooms have a rustic feel to them, but even pleased this princess as they still make you feel like you are in a comfortbale resort. The place is so close to Bass lake yet without all the chaos of Bass Lake! So great for couples or familes!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Spent 3 nignt at the Ranch, and booked 2 rooms, one for my husband, myself and 2 teenage daughters, the other one for my brother and his 10 years old son.
The ranch is charming, very basic, the hallway off the main building to our rooms was very "smelly", rooms small and simple, with a porch and chairs, so the guest can smoke outside, and enjoy a glass of wine.So far, so good.
We are world travelers, non smokers, non drinkers, and I work for a major airline...My brother was visiting from Europe.
We love the outdoors and hiking.
The next day, after our arrival. after hiking all day, and at 10Pm, we discovered neither rooms had been cleaned. The night clerk checked and told me, they had "forgotten" to clean, and there was no"do not disturb " signs on the door ( we always exited from the porch door. I let it go.
During the night, guests were drinking , smoking and talking loudly under the porch...at 2:00am. Once again , I did not complain.
We checked out....upon our return, I noticed a $100.00 charge on my visa. I called right away, spoke to Jackie, and was told, this charge was "a cleaning/dry cleaning charge for smoking in our room. I assured her, we are none smokers, so this was not an issue. She told me, she would discuss it w/the manager and call me back.
Of course, no one called me back, so I called back and spoke to JAckie again. She told me, the housekeepers had told her, our room stank of smoke ( we checked out at 9am), and she, Jackie could verify this fact. I was very polite, and told her again, we are non smokers, and why did the cleaners bring it up on the last day!!!after our departure.
Basically I was told, we had to pay for the bedspread drycleaning, because of the smell.
I wrote an email to let them know, I intended to write this negative review. They did not respond.

I consider management to be very sleazy. We paid $155.00/night without breakfast.
Believe me, Best Western, Days Inn etc....offer free breakfast, and are located in tow. Whenever we had to have dinner, we had to drive back to town, and they are less pricey.

We have NEVER smoked, and I feel very insulted!
The ranch also harbor all the crews/road workers for Granite construction, who come and go w/their trucks 24hrs/day, smoke and drink , sleep at the Motel.

We like Rustic, but at the end of the day, after a good day hiking, a comfortable bed, a restaurant nearby, a good shower, breakfast, and good room insulation, is all we need.

Please trust my opinion/judgement. I stay in a lot of hotels, all over, and this is THE FIRST TIME, I write a NEGATIVE review.

Sincerely

Odile CAntor

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank skyfrog
SallyC133, Owner at Sierra Sky Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

Customer sent email on Thursday, 8/5/10. Owners were out of town and did not view email until Friday evening. Immediately sent email back to customer that we would research and respond. After having a chance to speak with all staff involved we credited card on Monday morning and sent email with our apologies.

Reviewed 8 March 2010

We stayed at Sierra Sky Ranch with a group of friends and had a relaxing and perfect weekend. The Ranch is almost like being home. It is comfortable, has all the amenities (internet), and is owned by people who clearly want you to have a great time. The restaurant has a new menu, and the bar serves the best G and T's ever! We had delicious food...lasagna...steaks...and the best "Organic Carro Basil Bisque" ever! We plan on coming back whenever we can. The hotel is filled with all kinds of history. If you are looking for a sterile corporate environment, this is NOT the place. Instead, you will find a personal and comfortable place with artistic touches in every room. Stay at Sierra Sky Ranch!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2010

My husband and our 2 children ages 8 & 11 stayed at Sierra Sky for a wedding that was taking place at the "resort". The first morning we awoke to a steady stream of water pouring from the ceiling above us. The owner Todd told us that he would comp our night's stay and put us up, at his cost, in a hotel down the road so that we could stay for the wedding. We agreed. Next month the credit card statement arrrived with charges for the "comped" room plus charges for the other hotel. All charges were unauthorized. I contacted Chase card services regarding the charges and they attempted to call Todd at Sierra Sky. Not one phone call or message was returned. While sitting at the bar in the adjoining restaurant we onserved the barternder, who stated he was a volunteer police officer, serve alchoholic beverages to a minor. Not once did he ask any of the young people consuming alcohol for ID. The State Dept of ABC hopefully has responded to the report I filed shortly after our stay. The pool was filthy green, the lawn unmowed and the rooms that were detached from the main bldg were small, dark & dirty.The staff was unresponsive and could have cared less.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SMCALItraveler

We do not have a record of this event happening at our hotel. We have not had to move a guest during a wedding. We have not had water pour from our ceiling. We have not been contacted by Chase or our merchant provider regarding an unauthorized charge. Our bartender because of his relationship with the police force would not serve to minors. We have not received a query from the ABC. We do not find any validity to this review. Our goal is to develop and maintain permanent relationships with our customers by providing outstanding service. However, in the event of a problem, we do whatever is necessary to make things right…right away.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite

Been to Sierra Sky Ranch? Share your experiences!