“A Good Stay and Good Services”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is clean and has a lot of amenities. We came in late and phoned the hotel. They picked us up from the airport promptly. Our luggage was put on a cart when we got to the hotel, but we were left to transfer it upstairs. This was okay with us, though. We were checked in promptly and given a room upstairs. The room was spacious and clean. There was a shower, but no bath tub in the room. All in all, a good room.
I went downstairs to the diner to order some nachos for a late night snack. The nachos were tasty. I wish there was a bit more of them for the price paid. The next day, we got a free ride to the BART to go into San Francisco. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, as it seemed quite costly. I wish breakfast was included in the cost of the hotel.
I would give this hotel 5 stars, however our sleep was interrupted due to a huge party going on downstairs. Our floor was vibrating close to midnight. We would have asked to be moved, but were literally too exhausted to deal with moving. On the plus side, the noise ended at around midnight and we did sleep in the next day. So, I do recommend this hotel, so long as there isn't a party going on downstairs and your room is affected by the noise.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandi K
Ranil B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Brandi K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience about your stay in our hotel. Your opinion is very important to our success as we rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I sincerely apologize your sleep was interrupted due to an event that was going on in our banquet room. We would've gladly moved you to a different room if requested. Our close proximity to the OAK airport and complimentary shuttle service makes us your best hotel choice in the area.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the OAK airport area. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It seems very clean and new and was a 2 minute check in so 5 stars. It's near the airport and ther is really nothing around it but the air port so if that is what you want then it's great. Hotels are really all about how new there are.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael L
Ranil B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback! The Holiday Inn Oakland Airport prides itself with excellent accommodations and services and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. We stay here when we go to Oakland A's games. We have also stayed at the Courtyard nearby. The Holiday Inn is WAY better. First, they have spacious rooms with 2 King beds. You rarely see that, it is usually Queens or worse Doubles. Second, the service is outstanding. The shuttle driver was waiting for us when the game got out and it was a late night due to the after game fireworks. That in itself is worth 5 stars. When we stayed at the Courtyard we waited 45 minutes after a late game only to give up and finally take a cab back to the hotel. Finally, the hotel restaurant is surprisingly good. It is a sit down restaurant with a decent breakfast. The Courtyard breakfast is meh especially for the price. Other hotels with free breakfast generally cannot handle the morning rush on a weekend and the food is always suspect. It was really nice to be waited on and have a cooked to order breakfast. Service at the restaurant was as excellent as the shuttle service. If you book on hotels.com don't bother with getting the breakfast included in your rate. They will charge you $28 for the breakfast but the hotel will give you a $20 voucher for breakfast. This was the only disappointment but they made it up to us with a 10% off coupon and free breakfast for the kids. But you would get that deal with or without the $20 voucher so it is a better deal to just buy breakfast when you get there. We stayed at the Embassy suites in Walnut creek the next night and I was so wishing I was back at the Holiday Inn the next morning at breakfast. This will be our go-to spot next time we go to an A's game which might be soon. The A's are playing awesome this year! Best record in the MLB and you can still get cheap tickets at the Collesium. Don't be afraid of the neighborhood. The Holiday Inn has a gated, secure parking lot and the shuttle service is excellent. No security worries at all. Our family always felt very safe.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ranil B, Owner at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear LA stick

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience about your recent stay at our hotel. The management and staff is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality service and facilities and we're very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay.
We hope to see you back very soon!
Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip to CA. Staff was very nice & welcoming. Hotel was nicely decorated & seemed pretty new. they upgraded me to a suite, huge very comfortable room. Again nicely decorated & super clean! Room service was also very nice & super fast & the food was really good (had the Sirloin Salad, minus the sirloin with chicken & shrimp instead). Bed was very comfy & I slept better than usual in a hotel. Property was gated which made me feel feel very safe. Would definatley stay here again if in the area!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear tanyag831,

We appreciate all your wonderful comments and positive feedback. The Holiday Inn Oakland Airport strive to give our guests the best possible services and facilities. Our goal is to deliver positive guest experience consistently from the time of check in up to check out.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit !

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stay this hotel for our Hawaii trip, usually I stay at W hotel, because last mints booking, my friend suggest me stay this one, I did not expect much just for one night stay, the room is clean, the beds is comfortable, the front desk is very nicely, even I knew sometime I was little picky and they gave me very good smile, my son love their breakfast, the shuttle service is one of the best.
If you Ever need to find hotel near Oakland, this is the best, close to OAK airport, close to downtown Oakland only 10 mints, close to oracle stadium Oakland.

I want to thank you for the staff , they make me think differently and thank you for teaching me have a big smile will make better life, cheers Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

HappyLeochung,

Thank you so much for staying with us. Our location make it easy for our travelers to fly into Oakland airport and use our shuttle to go to the Coliseum. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was unimpressed with this hotel. The rooms look like hotel rooms and there is nothing wrong with that. They were just not very exciting to look at. Everything is expensive here - maybe that is just because it is CA and right near the Oakland airport. Parking each night was $8.00. There was only one restaurant on the property. This was a restaurant/bar. More of a bar than a restaurant. The food was average; the prices were high. More importantly, the beds were incredibly uncomfortable. If I ever go to Oakland again, this would not be a place I would choose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Myra G
Tom B, FD Supervisor at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Mary,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I will pass along this information regarding the matress with our housekeeping manager. I apologize we did not meet your standards. Unfortunatly being so close to the airport we have charge for parking in order to keep our lot exclusive for our valued guest. I do hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to wow you.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The people at the front desk were very helpful, especially when I needed to get something shipped to the hotel. I didn't think I would be able to do that. Plus, Clarence, who drove the shuttle, was awesome. He turned on the TV the first day we were there to help to entertain my little brother, and was very prompt in picking me up from the Bart Station. Everything was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Tom B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving you again in the future. Lawrence will also be pleased to hear your positive feedback on his outstanding service. We know he is great but are elated that you were able to experience his greatness as well.