“Great little spot! Games and good food!”
Review of Sideshow Kitchen

Sideshow Kitchen
Ranked #333 of 1,353 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have a big family and finding restaurants with adequate seating is hard, but surprisingly this little spot was able to accommodate all of us! Lots of patio/outdoor seating so even our family’s 3 dogs joined us for lunch! The food came out quickly and hot! Everything was fresh and delicious, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. They even have games that you can borrow to play which we did while we waited for our order to be ready! Definitely a hidden gem in Oakland and one that I’d love to check out again when I’m on the west coast!

Reviewed 16 December 2017

The same people own this and Home Grown on San Pablo. As I understand it is a family of 3 brothers whose family has been in the restaurant business for years. AND, if this is true, they know the hecka of what they are doing!. I went to Home Grown for Breakfast and Sideshow for dinner. I live in the neighborhood. This spot has been a lot of different "fooderies" in the last 5 years. Nothing stayed long. HOWEVER, They have a winner here. Again, not a big menu and it works for me. We went for dinner and tried the fried chicken basket. They put a new spin on fried chicken. Nothing weird, just good. A little Asian twist with a lil' cabbage topping the fried chicken. They had homemade aioli sauce. It is served with shoestring french fries and elote (corn on the cob Mexican style). DARN good! Their menu is a fusion mix of foods - Mexican, Asian, American, & Mediterranean flavors. My taste buds danced. Oh, my husband had a bowl of lentil soup and I had some soup that starts with a "P" - Mexican flavors with garbanzo beans only the Lord and the chef knows what else. It was served with red onions and cilantro on the side. These soups were not on the menu but specials for the day. I asked the chef to come home with me. I LOVE a man that can cook.They offer draft beers and kombucha that set me on my butt- 70% alcohol and good, too.We will be back. This one is a keeper in the hood. CONGRATULATIONS!!, Mikey. I met the "Wizard of OZ " while I was there, too. Ashley, a staff person who works at Home Grown was there working and recognized me from this morning. It feels like family, ya'll.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This place really has thought of everything to ensure that u have a good time. The food is really good here. First, their super buger was really juicy and tasty. Their garlic fries were really garlicky. However, I wish the fries were thicker. Their korean burger had a nice kick to it and the sideshow wings were cooked all the way through, but were still juicy. They have a variety of beers from kegs as well as homemade sangria. There was a live dj playing really excellent jamming music that wasn't blasting your ears off. They have board games and sand bag toss for families to relax and enjoy themselves. Plus, they offer free popcorn. What more can u ask????

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Sideshow is on the Oakland/Berkeley border in a funky space but easy to get to and park. The menu is quite interesting, service is super friendly, lots of seating outside and the food is really tasty. I had the pesto burger and it was a real treat. Looking forward to going back and trying other menu items.