“Perfect place to stay in the East Bay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakland
A Bed and Breakfast On Fairmount
Ranked #1 of 9 Oakland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We recently came back from a trip to the Bay area and usually stay in San Francisco. However, as our daughter lives in Oakland, we decided to try somewhere closer to her this time. We found very friendly hosts, an excellent location near a variety of stores and restaurants, and superb breakfasts. Aside from the minor issue of quite a few steps to climb, this is an ideal lodging. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lespes
There are newer reviews for A Bed and Breakfast On Fairmount

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We just got home from a week at this B&B, visiting our son and sight seeing from Sacramento to San Francisco, Muir Woods and the wine country to downtown Oakland. Staying with Nancy and Jason was one of the highlights, starting each day with a delicious breakfast and coming back worn out to a comfy sit in front of the fireplace. There was a gas fireplace in our room, so we had total control of the temperature. This is a wonderful place to relax and thoroughly enjoy everything the area has to offer. We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: The queen room has windows looking out the front over the top of the other houses in the area.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank S4tyne
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We wanted to stay at a hotel near our son in Oakland CA. The closet hotels were not very nice and the big name hotels were in Emeryville. We decided to try a B &B. We were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a sweet little mansion a short walk from our son's home. The owners are very friendly and shared the main level and back garden of the house with their guests. Nancy makes a wonderful breakfast in their sunny kitchen overlooking the garden. We intend to stay there every time that we visit Oakland.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My 6 year old daughter and I stayed with Nancy and Jason for two nights and were delighted by everything from top to bottom. The room was lovely and comfortable as well as quiet. The garden was delightful and the chickens therein provided fresh eggs for a terrific French toast breakfast lovingly made by Nancy. We even had fresh fruit from the trees in the back yard. I intend to stay here again and again when I come to Oakland to visit my family.

Room Tip: All the rooms look terrific. We stayed in the peach room which is great for either a pair of kids o...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank szqchan
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We always stay at this wonderful B & B on Fairmount when we travel to the Bay Area. We especially love the Queen Room. The picture windows, lovely views, the fireplace, the bed and decor all make for an exceptional stay. The breakfasts are varied, wholesome and delicious. The garden is amazing: a perfect place to BE. The hosts are delightfully engaging and become fast friends! I recommend this B & B highly for you and your family.

Room Tip: Rooms with twins, double and Queen. All quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank foormana
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This is a treasure! It's a quiet and welcoming place to return to after a day in San Francisco or a long hike in the hills. I appreciated the hosts' attentions, tailored to fit my needs, whether for a chat over a cup of coffee or a chance to enjoy their wonderful garden. The large house has been lovingly restored. My bedroom was furnished with an eye to pure comfort, so that I felt like a guest of the family. I will certainly return here the next chance I get..

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank bambamSantaFe_NM
Reviewed 7 April 2011

My adult daughter and I had a wonderfully, relaxing stay at a B & B on Fairmount. We were in a perfect room with two twin beds and an amazing tub! The hospitality extended by Nancy and Jason was second to none. I had some work times during the visit and the living room with a warm, wood fire was a relaxing compliment to a somewhat rainy day. The lemon souffle pancakes and oatmeal breakfasts were amazing! I would recommend to anyone wishing to be in a remarkable location with outstanding hospitality.

Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank DRJANJAN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Inn at Temescal
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland

Been to A Bed and Breakfast On Fairmount? Share your experiences!