“Excellent hotel”

Courtyard Oakland Airport
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Rooms are nice and clean, staff professional. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Oakland Airport

Reviewed 30 October 2011

My wife and I were staying here for 2 days during our Bay Area Vacation. Great access to San Francisco at half the price (only a 20 minute drive across the Bay Bridge).

Breakfast was too expensive, so we ate close by. The rooms were clean, parking free and staff extremely friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We had a great time going to the A's game and staying here! The shuttle driver took us right to the gate of the park. Will stay again. Comfortable beds!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pnorth1961
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This property is about 12 years old, is right at the mouth of OAK airport, 5 minute drive. You can drop your rental car off and they will shuttle you back to the hotel. There is no Bistro here but they do offer breakfast (which is never complimentary at these hotels). Earlier reviews noted that there was often a biker crowd here, I did notice a handful but there was no abnormal behavior. The rooms were standard, clean and comfortable, flat screen TV with good internet. I found the staff very friendly. There is a Japanese restaurant right next door (looked 'so so') and also a good local placed called Francesco's, a 10 minute walk. On the way back from this place I got pan handled twice. This naturally has nothing to do with the hotel but the neighborhood appears questionable and would cause me some concern during evening hours. I'm not saying it is unsafe, just be cautious if you stray from the property. They do have a Security Guard at the entrance during the evening. If you're a Marriott hound and need to fly out of OAK, it's either here or downtown Oakland which is about a 15 minute drive.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank edtoby007
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was treated the WORST I have ever been treated at this hotel. The desk attendant, David [--], was so rude and unhelpful my friend and I went to the Holiday Inn Express across the street. He also would not honor the rate I had reserved the room for and wanted to charge me $70.00 more and "credit my card later". I travel to Oakland frequently and will NEVER book a reservation there again. On the other hand, the Holiday Inn Express across the street was very accomadating, gave me a discounted rate when I told them about my experience at the Marriott and they have breakfast!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank frequentflyer072011
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I got bit about 200 times by bed bugs from a single night's stay! Super painful. I can't stay here anymore.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank cmsalis
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott courtyard as our base for touring San Francisco. It worked really well. If you don't want to pay the high prices for a hotel in SF and the high parking cost I would recommend this hotel. They have a free shuttle to the BART (subway). It's only about 4 or 5 stops to Embarcadero station. Then it's an easy walk to the tourist attractions or you can take the street cars for $2 each way. You don't have to worry about parking or traffic. You can also drive to SF. The hotel has easy access to I 880. You can take the bay bridge to SF. My wife and I did it both ways and it was perfect for us. The hotel itself was a typical Courtyard. Nothing fancy but it was very clean and comfortable. The staff was probably the best and most friendly staff I have ever came across at any hotel. They went out of their way to speak to us. Overall it was a great experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple