“Ask for room away from street”

Courtyard Oakland Airport
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
central coast of Califonia
“Ask for room away from street”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Staff at checkin were polite. Restaurant staff not so much. Restaurants near by hotel. Walking distance. Not advised to walk around area at night. If you are not familiar with Oakland, try to get directions before you venture off. Great location to airport.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Traci D

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you would be so kind please contact me at the email below I would like to learn what occured in our restaurant. We take your concerns very seriously and I would like the ability to resolve the issue.

Bill
Billdalleske@remingtonhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

location is key , if you want to be close to the airport . Very safe gated property with usual Courtyard amenities. .pleasant 1 night experience. it was quiet and we were not aware of airport or street noise.
front desk was courteous and pleasant . Not much of anything within walking distance

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReddyBro
ReddyBro

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
usa
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The rooms are wonderful.Quiet. The beds are very comfortable and cozy. Our room was humid due to the bathroom shower. There was a vent but no dial for a Bathroom fan. We had to keep the door to the BR closed to keep the humidity out of our sleeping area.
We came on a Chartered bus. It was difficult to get in and out of the parking lot. Even though we had made reservations months in advance they did not seem prepared for us. Not enough room keys, wake-up calls when we didn't ask for them (and when didn't need them), inaccurate breakfast times (6-7 AM but in reality 8-10 am).
Breakfast: Very good! Scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, a large variety of breakfast breads, muffins, etc., juices, yogurt, fresh fruit. I wish they used real silverware and not plastic.

Nice outdoor pool, enclosed and private. Workout room. Beautiful outdoor courtyard and comfortable, attractive lobby w/ computers. Fresh drinking water in the lobby with floating lemon slices - Very nice touch.
We needed an extra blanket for a sick student and it was delivered immediately.
We needed pepto bismol and there was a small service area to purchase such items. Nice.
One couple in our group had a noisy neighbor and called the lobby three times to talk to the front desk people (10 PM, 1 AM & 2 AM). In the morning, they again asked the people at the front desk why there was no change in the room noise and they were told there was no record of their calls. Odd....

Room Tip: We had eleven rooms - they were all wonderful.
1 Thank cellofool
cellofool

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you don't mind could you possibly contact me to discuss which room you were staying in. I would like to make sure that humidity issue is addresses. In terms of the breakfast hours I am sorry for the confusion.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Tahoe
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've stayed here twice. The location is very convenient for flights, but the hotel surroundings are pretty seedy. The first stay was unremarkable but the most recent was highlighted by excellent interactions with all staff members. The complimentary suite upgrade (Marriott Gold status) provided a spacious, comfortable and quiet lodging experience. I'll happily stay here whenever I have early flights out of Oakland.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MovnOut,

Thank you for your kind words. We are always working on our customer service training as we want to make sure that our biggest asset "you our guest" are taken care of.

Hope to see you again next time
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 29 April 2014

One night on business. Check in was quick but as a platinum lifetime I would expect the front desk to have read my profile. One major request is top floor room and this did not happen. Did receive my platinum gift and extra points. Room was very clean and well appointed. Problem was noise from upstairs and a 2:00 A.M. wedding party coming in. But neither last long. Major issue was toilet seat was broken and I almost ended up on the floor. Someone had broken the seat but left it on the toilet so it looked ok until you sat on it.

The positive thing was when reported that morning it was taken care of and I received a comp breakfast. Breakfast was excellent. Hot and well presented. Had the french toast with strawberries and maple syrup. Excellent! Starbuck coffee was hot and quality.

Noted that this Courtyard still has the free coffee in the lobby - bonus points.

Front desk staff is very friendly and the hotel is well structured with a courtyard area that is nicely done.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor
Michael B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I read that we had some issues in your guest room please accept my appoligies as we pride ourselves in providing our guest with the best experiences possible.

I look forward to seeing you next time.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My hat goes off to the Team at the Courtyard by Marriott, Airport! I was on leisure travel to celebrate both my birthday as well as the Easter Holiday with family and friends. Upon arrival to the hotel I was greeted by the staff at the front desk with a warm and very professional manner. They really made me feel like I was in good hands.

The up keep of the rooms was in excelllent condition. Everything was in great working order and I could tell that the maintenance team at this hotel took their job very seriously. I felt like I was in a home away from home. Great Property, and Great Staff I can't say enough! I look forward to my next stay at this Marriott Hotel!! :)

Aziza Brown

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aziza E
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Aziza E

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear about your positive experience with us.

Please let me know when you travel in the future it would be our pleasure to serve you again soon.
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Maurice and Weunzi (hope I am close on the spelling) were simply amazing at providing great service. The first impression of a hotel comes from the front desk and how one is treated on arrival. For me it can make the difference between a pleasant, a great, or a miserable stay, especially when on business.

My stay was awesome, due the the care taken by Weunzi in asking for my input about which floor, noise, car..... Maurice was extremely friendly and helpful to friends and recommended travel arrangements. Felt very comfortable talking to Maurice, he made us feel welcome.

The room was good as well, but the treatment on arrival will be a standard for me now. I stayed the previous two days at the Claremont in Berkeley and while that was a nice place, the staff at the Courtyard were more pleasant!!

Thanks Maurice and Weunzi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. This business is all about the guest. it truely makes our day to hear your positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff.