“Go for it if you have to stay near Oakland Airport”

Courtyard Oakland Airport
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Go for it if you have to stay near Oakland Airport”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good service and helpful staff, clean, hygienic, quick check in, complimentary pick and drop from Oakland Airport. Negative on location nothing to do around, only one small restaurant in Hotel, at the same time it wont take much time to commute to san Francisco using Bart.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Traveller01230
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Traveller01230

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry there are limited options for entertainment in the close vicinity. We would be more than happy to provide transportation to the Bart station in the event you'd like to go into Oakland or San Francisco.

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard Oakland Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Hungarian first
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Anytime I'm in the area and especially when I need a comfortable place near the Oakland airport, this is my pick. They have all of the amenities one comes to expect from Courtyard including the Bistro (food service), comfortable rooms, along with a very nicely appointed lobby with convenient chairs and television for those times when I don't want to work in my room. I especially enjoy the outside courtyard amenities. Very comfortable and reasonably priced. I like it so much, I use it for a couple of meetings each year. Sales staff has always been very helpful. I guess you can tell that I recommend it for your next stay in the area. Did I mention the convenient location to the airport?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WVUTom

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Our staff is committed to providing you the service you deserve. Please let me know when you'll be back in the area so that I can book your reservations with us.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My only complaint was I had to get ice from the bistro being on the first floor but that's it. The service was great, parking was only $8/nt which is much cheaper than area hotels and they all charge.
They have a bistro and a Starbucks on site which is very convenient and if you smoke there's a nice pagoda style smoking area by the pool.
I hate going to Oakland but I love staying here.

• Stayed June 2014
Alfredo O

Great to hear from you. Thank you for posting a review. We are here to make your stay with us a positive and experience. Please let us know next time we can be your home away from home.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the night after staying at a full-service Marriot in the area. This Courtyard is more full-service and I'll stay here again. The Marriot could learn from the team at this hotel. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean and well-appointed, and quiet. The location is conveniently located to the airport.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rxman502001
rxman502001

Thank you for your kind words. Its our goal to provide 100% satisfaction to all of our guests. Please let me know the next time your in the area so we can book your stay with us.
West Valley City, Utah
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

After looking for hotels in San Francisco for a weekend getaway, we soon realized that Oakland was more in our price range. Having stayed in Oakland before, we kind of new the area we wanted and have had great luck with Courtyards all over the country.
One of the things that sold me was the free shuttle service. We used this extensively and were very pleased. After renting a car the first night and next day and having to deal with no parking spaces, we returned the car (this was already planned) and used the shuttle to get us to the BART Station, which is very close, and back to the airport.
Upon arrival, the open common area was very nice. We were upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite by the friendly front desk attendant. The room was nice and the bed was super comfy. Air worked great and cooled down the room quickly from 72 to 67 degrees.
The day that we checked out, we had a late flight out. When I talked to the front desk, we were able to check our bags and then after spending the day across the bay, we called and they brought our luggage to the BART station and drove us straight to the airport.
The only 3 issues I experienced were: there appeared to be stains on the carpet in the 1st floor hallway, noisy 1st night (at 3:00 AM) and no parking spots on the 1st night.
These things were minor though and for sure wouldn't deter me from staying here again. The staff absolutely won me over with their friendliness and helpfulness at every turn. Thanks!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Riverboat5:

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Airport for your stay. I am sorry to learn about the lack of parking.

Thank you for letting us be your "home away from home" during your stay. It was an honor!

Kindly let me know if I can ever assist with anything. My staff and I are at your service.

Very Respectfully,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel was nice, common areas and rooms were updated. Had high ceilings. There was an event there - and being on the first floor was loud. Additionally, parking totally filled up, but the beds were great, the bathroom was nice and modern, and everything was clean. Great hotel for the money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
efish724,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Marina Del Rey, CA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We came to town to see a music festival about 45 minutes away. We knew that the hotels near the festival would be really expensive and I don't really know where in the Oakland area is okay to stay, so we figured we would be okay if we stayed near the airport. This hotel was convenient, right off the freeway, and the price was right.

This hotel is a little dated, and could use an update. The furnishings were worn. However, the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

The real reason I gave it 4 stars is because, when we returned after the music festival, my husband accidentally left the car door open (we were getting things from the trunk and were just tired). The security staff noticed and called up to our room. They closed and locked the door for us.

We missed the free breakfast you get at Residence Inn or Fairfield Inn, but this hotel suited our needs just fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cheryl S
Cheryl

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. We love the fact you enjoyed our beds they are brand new at our property additionally we have added refrigerators in all guest rooms. We are continually updating the hotel and its amenities. Please let me know if I can make a future reservation for you.