“Homewood Suites, Oakland is a nice place to rest up”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were at the Oakland Homewood last weekend. We arrived late Wed and stayed to Sat. The staff was generous with their advise and help. Josie (night clerk) made sure our room was ready for our late arrival (11PM), it was actually the last room in the place. The hotel is convenient as a departure point, 1.5 mi to BART, 6 mi to Berkeley and an hour to Napa. We were able to get around to all our destinations with the help of the staff.

The only problem we incurred was a guest who made breakfast at 0621 (Thur) and butter the bread then toasted it. Setting off the fire alarm for the entire hotel. I mention this as that info came from other guests, the staff it seemed did NOT know what happened. In fact, the afternoon/night shift had no idea about the waking up of the whole hotel at 0621.

On a good note, for their beer selection at the Thur dinner, they had Oakland Brewings Zipper IPA, a great beer. And I'm a home brewer, so I know good beer!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fuvest
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guests. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. We will work on our communication with our afternoon staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Darcella Wright

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a 3 night weekend getaway. Shuttle service was nice and the driver was helpful in guidance on what to do and other information. We were able to use the shuttle from the Bart station on Friday and Monday, we just wished it was 7 days a week. Cabs were not expensive and we never had to wait very long for one though. We walked to the station on Saturday morning and part of the walk isn't very nice, so I wouldn't recommend it at night. The driver recommended Quinn's Lighthouse for dinner on Friday and we really enjoyed it there as well, he drove us there and we walked back along the waterfront. The hotel was very quiet and it looked nice out the backside of the hotel facing the marina. The breakfast was very nice and I personally enjoyed the fresh salsa that the staff made themselves each morning. A very nice touch and unexpected. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask to be on the marina side of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jacketsman
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guests. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Darcella Wright.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Look nowhere else! Homewood Suites Waterfront, by Alameda has it all! Excellent, professional, courteous staff. Delicious, free dinners, with wine and beer! Spacious, clean rooms. Large screen TVs in your room. While the hotel is near the highway and train tracks, I rarely heard this vehicular traffic and it never kept me from getting a good night's sleep. The fitns center is small and busy from 5 to 8 am, but it is clean and the equipment works great. This is the real deal! I highly recommend this hotel above neighboring Best Western.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This Hilton property is one of our favorites in the bay area. The facilities are always clean and the staff (specially Cindy) are some of the best in the hospitality industry. It is accessible to freeways and close to Oakland Chinatown and Jack London Square.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This Homewood Suites not only offers a huge breakfast selection but a managers reception and dinner. You can not beat this if you are a business traveler. Complimentary shuttle is available to local addresses. I loved it!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Just stayed 4 nights at this hotel. I have no complaints at all. Waterview rooms were nice. Spacious and clean rooms. It's right next to the freeway, but you wouldn't know it from inside the room. We felt very safe in this area. All doors are key accessed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Hotel staff is wonderful, rooms are clean, breakfast and dinner are nice. Only set back is lack of things to do around the hotel but van will take you to most local restaurants. Free wireless is a perk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business