I booked a night last minute through Hotwire. That night we were returning from Yosemite to Oregon and deiced to stop in Berkeley to see a concert and stay an extra night in CA. I made the reservation at about 10 p.m. right as the concert got over. Due to traffic, etc. we didn’t make it to Oakland until right before 11 p.m. The guy at the front desk (Patrick) was slightly difficult to understand. He told us we couldn’t check in and the reservation was “no good” because our names weren’t on some list he was referring to. I tried to show him the confirmation email from Extended Stay America AND Hotwire, but he just shook his head, refused to look at it and said it was no good. He said that because it was after 11 p.m. that Extended Stay America considers it a “new day” and reservations made for that same day didn’t count and we had to make a reservation for a “new night.” He tired to sell us a $249 king room even though we clearly already had a reservation for that night. I told him the circumstances, and that we had made the reservation before 11 p.m. but he didn’t care. I asked to speak to manager and he said he was the only person working. I asked his if there was a curfew for their guests and told him that no where on either Hotwire or Extended Stay America’s website or policies was any mention that reservations for that day were no good unless you checked in before 11 p.m. He said, “sorry there’s nothing I can do.”
Tired and leary eyed, we ended up driving aimlessly for a while and eventually made our way to Vallejo and stayed there. I called Hotwire the next day and told them what happened. They contacted the hotel for me. The hotel’s story was that Patrick thought we made reservations for the day AFTER we were trying to check in, and that we were trying to get an extra night (???) Anyway, the good people at Hotwire refunded our money. Won’t try staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Oakland-Emeryville Hotel Oakland
- Extended Stay America Oakland
- Extended Stay Oakland
- Oakland Extended Stay