“Great deal!”

Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Sacramento, California, United States
“Great deal!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Booked through Hotwire.com for $110 less than the going rate!!! Location is safe, plenty of well lit, free parking. Free wi-fi & "grab & go" breakfast. Was very disappointed when at check in we were told that capacity was high and they had no more non smoking rooms (apparently if booked through any of the 3rd party vendors, ie hotwire, priceline, expedia... they will not guarantee room type). Regardless, couldnt really complain since we got such a good deal. The guy that checked us in (Jerry) was very professional, pleasant & apologetic. Then cigarette smell hit us the second we got off the elevator (the whole floor was a smoking floor)... it was a strong odor! However, the room itself was impeccably clean & didnt actually smell that bad. Overall, would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albany, CA
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Helpful staff saved us hundreds of dollars by simple recommendations that were helpful for us since we were house hunting. Ask the manager and he will be glad to help. Great location near Target and Best buy.

Room Tip: The rooms are huge, so make sure to see the rooms before you overbook if you have a family with you.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nisrine2
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Hi there,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff. I'm glad we were able to make you comfortable in the area and offer some valuable tips. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 August 2013

When ever someone takes a shower there is a noise that sounds like a 747 taking off that can be heard several rooms away. Was awaken early two mornings. Manager did nothing!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE! Will be posting an audio of recording when I get back to office but is loud and happens when someone turns on the hot water in the shower

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for loud noise that was going on in the early morning. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working hard to locate the source and fix the problem. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at emy@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Oakland hotels

Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks and found it most enjoyable and a good value for the area. Justin checked us in-he was very professional and helpful, and all of the other staff-Furaha and Mia in housekeeping, Christine at the front desk, and Brandon in maintenance could not have been more gracious and considerate. The area is mixed, but there is convenient shopping within walking distance, and I did not feel concerned during the day. It is convenient to the Bay Bridge if you want to go to SF, and easy access to Bart-use Ashby station where there is parking. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: select an even-numbered room to be on the side away from the freeway. Upper levels would be quieter...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Betty - I appreciate you taking the time out of your day, to write such a fantastic review. I am truly thankful for your comments regarding the hotel staff. We are thrilled that we were able to provide you with such an enjoyable experience, especially Furaha, Mia and Brandon.

Once again, thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed here Jan 2013 till end of April 2013, owing to working in the Bay area. Good value for money, clean room, tv, kitchenette etc. Hotel has recently been refurbished. Target across the street, supermarket nearby,. Good public transport, free Emery go round shuttle 5 mins walk away. Housekeeping once a week, but no problem changing towels anytime. Staff very helpful, go out of their way to help.Poor choice of TV channels but thats the same in all ESA hotels. Free wi-fi for whole stay.Free coffee and mini breakfast in the mornings.
Very close also to all the shops, cinemas and restaurants at the Bay street area.
Area not very safe, so be careful especially after dark, especially the closer you get to the Bart station at McArthur.
Stayed here before in 2010, would stay here again if work requires it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are subject to freeway noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Hi Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is rewarding to hear you found great value in our accommodations and our team. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your review.
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels of this caliber for business and personal travel about once a month. The look of the property and room is lovely but that is where it ends. We stayed in room 104 on the first floor. We checked in early in the day so should have had our pick of rooms. Every time the room above us took a shower it sounded like a 747 taking off in our bathroom. When I called the front desk and spoke to Rosemary she could hardly hear me over the noise. This went on about 6-7 times from 11 PM until about 12:30 AM and started again at 7:15 AM. She said they had no other rooms and were aware of the problem and that she was sorry. She told me not to worry that the noise would stop when people start showering. She was kind but that did not stop the noise. I own my own business. I do not understand them not fixing this problem immediately as other reviewers have mentioned it and they obviously know about it. I also cannot believe that they knowingly charge people for this room and that they knowingly put people in this room. It is disgusting and should be illegal. I took a video on my IPAD and you can hear the noise, I will be posting it on the internet for all to enjoy. DO NOT STAY HERE! Signed Very Sad!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in room 104
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the pipes is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that our company is working very hard to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at emy@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

First, the area of town appears to be nothing short of ghetto gang like area. We were locking our doors and rolling up our windows as fast as we could. I understand that that is not the hotels fault. But if you are considering this hotel and would like to feel safe please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

We weren't even able to open the room door. We had to go to the front desk to tell the front desk attendant. He assured that all we had to do is push very hard and we could probably get in. Yes, we finally got in but not without a lot of difficulty.

Now for the room, I knew that it wasn't a 5 star hotel and that is not what I expected. However, it did not expect the alarm on the ceilings to be in a cage so it would not be stolen. Instead of a closet door, it had a curtain. There were brass fixtures and popcorn ceiling. The paint job was horrible and the plastic wood flooring was coming up. Yes, there was a fill size refrigerator bt it was older than me. It was also so loud it was difficult to sleep. There is only enough silver wear for one person. Each time we showered it made a noise loud enough to wake up the entire floor.

We paid 165 to stay here which is more than we paid to stay in the Residence Inn in Calabasas Ca area.

For breakfast all they had was packaged pastries that were who knows how old. The only hot item was coffee. They should feel ashamed that they advertised that as something close to what a breakfast is.

We checked out as early as possible and got on the road.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and rely on our guests feedback in an effort to continuously improve our operation. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. I appreciate you letting us know about the noise from the refrigerator and the noise from the shower.

There is no acceptable excuse for the issues you encountered while staying at our hotel. Rest assured I have reviewed your feedback with the department heads in an effort to prevent this from happening again in the future. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that you would afford us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future should your travels bring you back to the area again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
Inn at Temescal
Inn at Temescal
#8 of 49 in Oakland
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville? Share your experiences!