“Good Condition”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Shanghai, China
“Good Condition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel is located in Oakland near the Oakland airport not the San Francisco International airport. The environment of this hotel is very quite. The service of this hotel is good, and also has popular breakfast free. Such as Scrambled Eggs that I loved, wafer, etc.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is an excellent Best Western. Very clean, quiet and excellent service. It is hidden in a industrial part of Oakland but is an outstanding site. I would not hesitate to stay here, don't let the area judge the hotel. I think the benefit of the location is the reason it is so quiet. A great stay for the money and service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Austin916
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Hawaii and also on the way back. Could not have worked out better. The shuttle drivers were courteous and on time. Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The hotel is not in a great part of town but we felt perfectly safe. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Red007houston
California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

After I screwed up and made reservations for the wrong night at a different hotel, I was left with no hotel to stay at. Most of the hotels in the Oakland area were sold out. The Airport Inn & Suites was the only one that had a vacancy. One room left! Since I was desperate, I took it.

The hotel is lost in an Industrial area of Oakland, away from the other hotels near the Oakland airport. A large metal gate surrounds the premises. Parking lot had adequate lighting when I arrived in the evening.

Check in was quick. The front desk staff knew I was coming. The guy told me, "So, you are the one that made the reservation for the wrong night". I thought "thanks for rubbing it in". He then told me that dinner was served in their lounge. Tonight's special was Chinese food. I looked at him and thought to myself "Why would I want Chinese food from a Best Western, when I can go to Oakland or San Francisco?" I thanked him and went up to my room.

The room was okay. The carpets seemed clean to me. I had two comfortable double beds in my room. The television was okay, but, their satellite dish didn't work very well. No TV listing anywhere, so I had to search and find the channels that I wanted. A couple of prominent "hotel TV stations" were missing, like HGTV, CBS, and others. The bathroom was clean. They had free wifi in the hotel. AC is noisy, like all hotel AC's. Breakfast is a typical hotel breakfast with sausages, eggs, waffle maker. Nothing special.

The hotel wasn't that bad. It served it purpose and gave me a place to lay my head at night. It was clean. It was good punishment for me for booking the wrong night. I am not going to make that mistake again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Page, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very neat and clean. The staff were quite nice and welcoming. The airport shuttle was right on time.

The room was neat and very clean.

Breakfast was basic hotel breakfast, but just fine.

Everything I need in a hotel, especially at the airport.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Austin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Best Western on Hegenberger Loop. So long as they keep a good price, I will always come to this hotel. I like location, my room, helpfulness of staff, computer in lobby for boarding pass, breakfast, big screen TV, quietness of rooms (I don't stay when sports fans flood the place at the Coliseum). Wish the area had a better variety of restaurants. The location is in a small mfg area and many lots need grooming. The hotel's grounds are impeccable, so I just ignore the rest of the block.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Marjorie J
auburn, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Hotel is clean, even the pool was clean. The breakfast was great. Staff is wonderful. Area not the best but the hotel is safe. Stayed for supercross race at O Colliseum, it,s about 3 muinuts away from hotel.Was nice to leave races and not drive back to SF like we usually do. SF has some nicers areas than this but we felt totally safe. There is a carrows resturaunt close by-- Avoid it at all costs. Food was bad and service pretty sucky.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family