“Good Night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reno, United States
“Good Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Clean and friendly. Quiet at night. Did not hear other guest although the hotel was sold out, and although near the airport did not hear the planes. Although originally concerned about the location when searching online for a hotel, felt totally safe, with good gated parking, . Breakfast was good. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwplusoaklandca, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m very pleased you had a good night with us. I’m pleased that you found us quiet and comfortable as well as safe and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We’re very glad to serve you and hope that you will indeed stay with us again. We’re always improving and changing and will be even better next time. We look forward to serving you again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento,Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Rotten signage by the city of Oakland HIGH HIGH room tax Typical california damnrats who do nothing for you. Room was great and convenient once I found it. Teeny tiny signage. And the room tax is going up again. screwing the tourists just like that hell hole frisco. Go in, Get out! Found a new way to get to teh auction and market in Alemeda CA where I go at elast once a month. This is was a great discovery!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased you find our hotel to be a great discovery. While there’s nothing we can do about the taxes or the city regulations regarding signage, we take real pride in this hotel and are very pleased that you found everything that’s within our control pleasant. We look forward to having you with us again.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

No complaints on the hotel at all. Great beds, great staff and breakfast was awesome. Biscuits and gravy were the best! Wide variety of options. We stayed one night after an A's game. I would not leave anything valuable in your car - someone had just had a break-in when we were returning from the game. The hotel is back in an industrial area. The Wal-Mart close to there has a constant patrol car going around, so they must have issues in this area. Price was reasonable, and value was good - just be careful!

Room Tip: Get something higher than 1st floor.
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you have no complaints about your stay with us. For many, our location is our biggest asset because of our proximity to the airport. We also find the neighborhood to be safe and provide security as well to make sure our property always remains safe and peaceful. I apologize if we fell short of your expectations in any way and hope we will have you with us again soon.

Niagara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The stay at the Airport Inn & Suites in Oakland was somewhat disappointing due to its' location. The hotel was clean, quite and staff were very helpful. The location was the only issue, somewhat remote and would not feel comfortable walking outside the hotel property. The price was very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay. Its' only draw back was its' location.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our clean, quite and well-staffed hotel, and I’m pleased that you would recommend it to others. Our convenient location near the airport is an asset for us, and most guests feel completely safe. We also have on-site security and take other actions to make sure guests like you feel safe and secure. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

sarasota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

we stayed for a week to be in a family wedding near berkely ca. this hotel is a great value for your money. the staff goes over and above to make your stay perfect. just be carful not to wander out at night by yourself around the hotel... you need a car to be self sufficient staying here. otherwise you travel by shuttle to a public transit near by. the staff are absolutely the most professional and helpful. they are what makes this hotel great! we had no issues staying here and someone always helped us with anything we needed during our stay. great people make this hotel great!

Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased that our staff impressed you so much. Thanks for being an extended stay guest. While having a car in this area is advisable, we take pride in our convenient location and find our neighborhood to be safe and quiet. I’m sorry if you felt unsafe at any time. In any case, I hope to have you with us again soon. We look forward to serving you again.

Sherman Oaks, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Will not stay at this location again. Terrible neighborhood. While the premises were clean, the surrounding areas were strewn with broken glass and trash. Don't walk anywhere in this neighborhood. Staff led me to believe it would be safe to walk 2 blocks from a nearby restaurant; very irresponsible of them. It was not safe. I had an encounter that could have turned out very bad. For the money, I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank James C
Dear Guest,

Thanks for you comments. I’m glad you were impressed with our nice, clean and comfortable hotel. We take pride in this neighborhood, as do our neighbors. We find it to be safe and a great place to do business. I hope you will indeed stay with us again and take a look at the neighborhood through new eyes. We also provide security and take other actions to make sure our property is always nice for guests like you.

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and it wrecked our holiday. Between the barbed wire at the back of the lot in a terrible neighbourhood or the spikes on the fence to keep people out of the lot I was very afraid. Yet the entrance is fully open??? 2nd night had a pot smell so strong my husband went out to complain and accused a bunch of young guys in our hallway that called him a racist b/c they were black. Front staff sprayed the hall and took 1/2 hr to call security. I would've left but was too scared it was after midnight. Front desk offered me 40% off my 2nd night but couldn't do the paperwork correctly and overcharged me instead. So we did a double credit to make up the difference on the overcharge and to get me the credit but I see my credit card has been charged more $$ b/c front staff can't add apparently & I'm not calling long distance to try and get the 60$ 40% off I was promised. I paid good $$ and was afraid of dopers and my husbands life in dangerous circumstance. Front desk said I could call the cops but they wouldn't. If they find cigarette butts they will double charge that room. Great for them but what about us?

Room Tip: Don't go there
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Penny W
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you felt unsafe here despite our strong safety record and on-site security measures. I also apologize that actions beyond our control by other guests detracted from your stay. We satisfy hundreds of people every month and are disappointed that we could not satisfy you. If you there are any outstanding payment issues, please contact me directly for quick resolution.

Hotel Manager.