“Hidden away gem”

Fortune Cookie Factory
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Oakland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Unique Custom Fortune Cookies Hand-made Using Century-Old Methods. Create custom fortune cookies online, or visit store for tours!
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We had a map from our San Francisco book to find this tiny little factory and we had to look hard to find it as it is down a little lane way, but it was well worth the effort. Its so interesting to see how the cookies are made and they taste excellent particularly the fortune cookies dipped in chocolate (and we also loved the free hot samples "thrown in" with our purchase). Definitely go here if you can, but be warned the factory is tiny and gets very busy and you have to look hard to find it. You'll know you've found it when you look down the lane/alley and see lots of people swarming around the entrance.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Down a little alley in Chinatown you find the Fortune Cookie Factory. Watch as fortune cookies are being made in front of your eyes and buy some to take with you for later. A fun little treasure in San Francisco.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Loved the factory visit! We got lots of free samples and bought bags of cookies to much on during the day. A fun little destination when visiting Chinatown.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I'm sure my best friend and I looked like the typical tourists when a local recommended us visit the cookie factory. I really did not know what to expect but I'm so glad we listened to their advice . If I remember correctly this is the only hand made fortune cookie factory in the world . The shop is very small, but it had a lot to offer. You can write your own message and place it in a cookie. I also enjoyed watching the ladies work the machines and hand pinch each cookie . But my absolute favorite was receiving freshly press round off the assembly line . It was warm, slightly chewy and had a vanilla flacks to it. So delightful.