“Vegetarians rejoice -- great sausage awaits”

Rosamunde Sausage Grill
Ranked #150 of 1,368 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: Grilled sausages and craft beer for all eaters served in a friendly, casual environment.
Reviewed 2 December 2014

When my daughter picked me up at the West Oakland BART station and said she hoped I was hungry after my long flight from the midwest, I had no clue that my hunger would soon be satiated by a delicious vegetarian kielbasa and a tasty stout at Rosamunde. I'm not vegetarian but being half Polish, was curious how a vegetarian kielbasa would taste and while it wasn't as robust as the kielbasa made by Lewandowski's in Grand Rapids MI, it was pretty good. The sauerkraut on my kielbasa (apparently they weren't familiar with kapusta) was okay, probably out of a jar. My side of German potato salad was a bit disappointing -- I'm accustomed to a warm German potato salad with a bit of a vinegary bite -- and this one didn't anywhere come close. We were there after the dinner rush and the trash containers were overflowing and tables would have benefited from being wiped. But the company (daughter and her beau) was great and I have no complaints about the quality of the food. I'd go back.

Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

I tried the vegan chipotle and sage and apple sausages and they were really good. Been there a couple of times and the food is really good. The German beans are quite sweet but otherwise the rest is really good.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

This Rosamunde sausage shop is in a market building. There is a great variety of gourmet sausages and craft beers available (bottles). The sausages are grilled to order and come with your choice of topping.There is some indoor and outdoor seating. It is counter service with a request to bus your table. A great meal at a decent price, within walking distance of the convention center and Old Oakland.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is a small place in Old Oakland that only does sausages. The Nuremburger bratwurst was outstanding, as was the spicy Moroccan lamb sausage. You get your sausages grilled, and served on a soft bun with your choice of topping (2 come with the order, extras are available at a slight charge). they also have good craft beer on tap. They only take cash or Paypal. Ate there twice during a 2 week business trip, and enjoyed both times.