“Thank goodness I had Lysol wipes”

Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Thank goodness I had Lysol wipes”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Thank goodness I had Lysol wipes! I booked through Hotwire, so obviously I didn't have very much control of which hotel I was getting. If you must stay here, I suggest getting to the motel during the daytime; the surrounding neighborhood is scary. There was even an undercover cop car parked in the parking lot (not a very good sign). I slept on top of a towel because although the bed sheets were visibly clean, I'm sure a backlight would say otherwise :( Did anyone else notice most of the reviews on this hotel keep repeating the same saying.. "nicely appointed." Hmmm makes me wonder is it the same person writing those reviews?

• Stayed July 2014
12 Thank JacSkilz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oskaloosa, Iowa
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I traveled with my husband and an infant to San Francisco this August and have a few things I would like to highlight about this facility.

a) Customer Service: Top notch customer service. From the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff, everyone at this hotel that we interacted with was super friendly and helpful.

b) Location...even if visiting San Francisco, this hotel allows for super easy access to San Francisco via the BART. It was a short, cheap train ride to get to the middle of San Francisco. The hotel is about 1 mile from the closest BART station (Coliseum BART or Fruitvale BART) but they have free parking at BART in Coliseum. So you can park and go.

c) When comparing the value as opposed to San Francisco hotels is literally no comparison. We paid significantly less than hotels in San Francisco and only added 10 minutes to our commute. So worth it! Plus parking here is free than hotels in San Francisco, if you have a car. Speaking of it, you DO need a CAR !!!

I already had my extended family book their next trip to Bay Breeze Inn in Oakland and will come myself too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Story City, Iowa
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were at the Raider's game and stayed at this hotel when there were no rooms available elsewhere. The price was reasonable and hotel was in good condition. Especially from inside the rooms. Newly appointed rooms, nice decor, good service. I already booked my next trip at the hotel for my next Raider's game this fall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sam S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

i booked this hotel as it was close to Oakland International Airport and i had an early morning flight to catch. The reason I chose this hotel was it was around 4 miles from the Airport. When i arrived at the hotel, the front desk greeted me very professionally and the room I got was very clean with the wi-fi which worked. the speed was aceptable for my business video conference. The bathroom was very nicely appointed. the location is comercial but it has very good freeway Access. I will be traveling to Oakland again next month and will stay at this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin G
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Though the ownership is trying to make the best of a bad situation, I cannot recommend this property. The room was basically clean, but had no hair dryer, no iron, no place to hang the towels, no place even to hang clothes. There was commotion outside the room all night, and I was seriously concerned about my safety. I was relieved to find my vehicle intact in the morning. I would not stay here again, even as a last resort.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Jayster08

Travellers are raving about these Oakland hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in Baybreeze Inn for the weekend. The hotel was in general is good. The main services needed are covered and the most important thing in a hotel was satisfied. It was clean. The bathroom looks like a 4 star hotel, really big and really confortable. The surroundings are the bad thing. They are awful. The WiFi signal did not cover out room. And if you are planning to visit SF and stay in Oak as a cheper option. Well it is, but consider that is 45 mins from the hotel aprox after walking and paying the subway ($4 USD per person).

Room Tip: Look for rooms that are neer the Frontdesk cause the signal in the outer rooms is really poor.