The place looks awesome inside! I would strongly suggest that you order a room that faces inside where the pool is located. As soon as you walk in, you're greeted by friendly and efficient desk clerks (Evelyn was the one I dealt with) who instantly make your stay a good one.
The rooms are modern, clean, comfortable, and spacious. The bed was comfortable and clean.
It's located just one block from some good restaurants in Jack London Square, and that place alone is a good tourist attraction; especially if the weather's good.
Another good thing about this hotel, is that it's located only 5 or 6 blocks from the BART. The BART is an awesome, easy to learn rapid transit station that just about removes the need for a car. Thus, you can get a great weekend getaway at the Inn without busting your wallet.
The only minor problem I had was with their confusing website. It was confusing because it doesn't tell you that your free breakfast at the coffee shop next door is nullified if you use a AAA discount. However, Evelyn's great service compensated for the confusion when she gave me a comp for the next visit at the in ($99 next time!).
It's a great place to stay! The area is just a bit sketchy, but honestly there are so many friendly people around Jack London Square that you'll have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Z Hotel, located in the heart of Jack London Square puts this boutique hotel in sync with the new Oakland vibe... "One of the coolest cities in America." The hotel offers first-class hospitality and an array of amenities. First on the list of amenities is Oakland's extraordinary climate... ranked #1 in America. With relatively cool summers, warm winters and little rain, you can get out almost anytime of any day. Second, on the list, is the walk ability of the neighborhood. And walk around you should... there are dozens of things to see and do. The Z's unique location puts you within walking distance of: The waterfront, marina, open spaces , bike trails, sailing, paddle boarding, canoeing, kayaking and rowing. 50+ restaurants, coffee houses, bars, beer gardens and urban wineries. Convention Center, Business District, Historic Old Oakland, City Center, Chinatown. Nightlife, live music, theater, movies, galleries and more. Free Broadway Bus Shuttle, San Francisco Ferry, BART, Amtrak Train and the A C Transit The Z... easy to remember, hard to forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Z Hotel Jack London Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Jack London Square Hotel Oakland
- Hotel At Jack London Square