“Our vacation”

Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

At checking in the manager that checked us in was very rude, she went on to tell us that they were booked up, and if we don't want our rooms she could sell them to someone else at a higher price, then stood
There looking at us & said do you want your rooms or not!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights, I thought I would have been treated better then that, we had flown in and where all tired, we kepted the rooms, I wanted to just go somewhere else after being treated like that but it
Was late and felt like we had no choice. We stayed out back in a different area then the main Hotel, the area is not very nice, my family & I did not feel safe & it
Was clean but smelled old. I would not come back and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
2  Thank Tina C
RL_Customer_Care, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We aim to consistently deliver a courteous and professional check in and stay to our guests and I would to apologize for the lack of service you received. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and I would like to assure you that these issues will be addressed accordingly.
I We are actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.
Carmela Royce
Front Office Manager
Red Lion Oakland International Hotel

Reviewed 20 June 2014

They were friendly, attentive and I felt I received more than the hotel rate might suggest. I definitely recommend staying here. The complimentary shuttle to the BART station made getting to our meeting in S. F. across the bay super easy (they even sent the shuttle when we called after returning to San Leandro on the BART). The only thing I missed was some kind of bench out front when waiting for the shuttle to arrive ... please ... :o) ... I would love to stay there again. The ice machine on the 6th floor makes a noise like a distant drum, which I am sure they can fix, and the waiter at breakfast didn't listen at all when I gave my order, but changed it promptly.

Room Tip: The room with a balcony was a nice option. I recommend asking for it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RobinGriggsWood
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I would like to start this review by saying I am usually an very patient I have never written a bad review in my life but the service at the Red Lion was atrocious! I travel on average 3 times per month and have never had a worse experience. When I walked into the hotel there was a large line of at least 12 people waiting in front of me. I travel for a living and have never seen a check-in line this long at any hotel I have ever stayed in, including las vegas hotels. While 12 people may not sound like I waited for over an hour to check in. It was almost comical how long and slow the line was with no extra effort from the women behind the desk to speed things up or even offer an apology. There were two people standing behind the desk but only one person checking people in, extremely slowly. I waited for well over an hour to check in!!! which I find unbelievable. Everyone in line with me was extremely frustrated and a women with two kids in front of me said it had been 2 hours from the time she scheduled her shuttle pick up to check in ( the airport is 1.5 miles away! While we were waiting in line one of the customers who checked in before me called the desk shortly after going upstairs and her room had not even been made up. I would never ever stay here again even if I had to pay triple at any other hotel in the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank Marisa I
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I would like to truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced when you arrived at our hotel. I can understand how the long wait to check in can affect the quality of your stay and this is definitely not how we want your stay with us to begin.
Please be assured that this will be addressed accordingly with our staff to prevent a situation like this from happening again. Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Location is terrible and staff are so not friendly. Stayed here for a week and housekeeping did bare minimal. Carpet is gross and I had a 2 year old who of course wants to play on the floor. Restaurant food was horrible . I ordered a basic french toast breakfast and it was gross and not fully cooked and they refused to give us a refund .

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank lianasmomee

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do want to apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to your during your stay. I would also like to apologize for you room not being properly serviced by housekeeping during your stay as well. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay and I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with all of our staff.
We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great Price on priceline and very nice rooms, close to the airport so it was a great place to stay. The only negative comment i have is that there are 3 different buildings that guests stay in and that was confusing to know which building your room was in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

It was clean, quiet and affordable. Nice to have a restaurant on the grounds and also very close to the BART (train) and O.Co. Very close to the airport, and the free shuttle helped get you to and from the airport as well as the BART stop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe T
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My son was traveling to see me , and he had no credit card, so I called the red lion Oakland airport, they faxed me a form to fill out so I could pay for the room. I filled it out with copies of my ID and credit card. They then gave me a confirmation number to confirm the reservation. When he arrived at 12:00 at night, they refused the reservation, saying that corporate had changed the policy. No one contacted me about this and my son was stranded in Oakland late at night. I will never use the Red Lion Hotel chain again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lynn c
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that our front desk did not provide your son with friendly and welcoming service. I would like to apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to both you and your son. Please be assured that this issue will be addresses accordingly with our staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Kind Regards