“We Really Enjoyed Our Stay”

Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The staff at this hotel are awesome. We were upgraded to a room on the bay side and were shuttled for free to and from the ferry for our sighseeing. Free parking. Free WiFi. Free Breakfast..which was very good! The rooms could be updated a bit, but they were very clean and comfortable. If we ever get to visit San Francisco again, we will definately stay here. Thanks for making the visit so nice!

1  Thank Marjie B

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Serious lack of soundproofing here -- with inadequate response from hotel management.

Awoke at dawn three days in a row to the clearly audible squealing of young children (and their playful parents) in the next room. Attempted an afternoon nap, but the pandemonium continued.

At check-out, I discussed the problem for the third time with the front desk and was finally offered a complimentary upgrade for our return visit (already booked) so we could experience a good nights sleep. I asked only that they NOT place us next to rooms with small children.

Returning from our week away, we enjoyed two perfectly quiet nights in our king-bed "suite." However, at 11.51 PM on our last night, I awoke to the sound of a family with a happily shrieking child advancing down the hall Sure enough, the front desk had assigned them to the room right next door to us. Aggressive shouting by all continued through the next hour. I decided not to pound on the wall and risk contact with them. Unfortunately was too groggy to call the front desk.

Note:

1. I am not an anti-toddler crank, and stayed in many hotels with my own children when they were small. Dumbfounded that parents would play with their children in hotel rooms at maximum volume at dawn and at midnight. Hotels need to relocate these people to quarantine corridors.
2. Footsteps in rooms above were also very audible, both in standard room and suite.
3. The waterview rooms are definitely preferable to the highway-side rooms; the roar of the traffic is reduced to a background murmur and the view is agreeable.

On the positive side: Very comfortable beds, very clean rooms and bathrooms, housecleaning staff is friendly and visits frequently. Got a very good price on Expedia. Breakfast buffet is included, many choices (but the food is bland and not very nutritious.) The hotel is at the edge of town, with a walking path along the water; good location if you've got a car and don't want to deal with downtown Oakland.

Room Tip: Request waterview rooms, second and third floors.
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel has to be the most accomodating place I have ever stayed. The hotel is beautifully situated in a prime location. Hotel rooms are clean, welcoming, and very comfortable. Above all this hotel's staff is the most genuine I have ever come in contact with. Everyone is so helpful, and your needs are met every time. This hotel should be proud of it's employees -- and I certainly hope they pay them enough to keep them around -- See you in 6 months!

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Beautiful locations, helpful staff, comfortable suites, helpful staff, convienant location, helpful staff... you get the picture.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Absolutely adore their driver, Doris! She is a very good driver and is very personable/professional. Employees overall are always friendly. Breakfast is awesome. Gym could use more gear (dumbells would be nice).

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 23 August 2011

When I was told that I would be going to Oakland for 2 weeks for work I was not exactly thrilled. By the end of my trip though, I found myself hoping that someday my company will send me back.

The first day of our meeting I arrived at our meeting space to discover that we did not have adequate space. After some phone calls I found out that this mistake was on our end and the staff at the Executive Inn & Suites had been told that we only had about 6 people attending (we actually had 16 plus myself). I talked with one of the sales managers there and they had us in a much larger room within the hour. They were also able to make sure we had that same room for the entire 2 weeks even though we had to change things on them at the last second. The event manager and sales staff were always willing to help us out with anything we might need or change anything in the room if it didn't suit us.

I also stayed at this property during this trip. The rooms were great. I was fortunate enough to stay in both their regular rooms and in one of their suites during this trip. The regular room was very nice, clean and quiet. When space opened up and I was able to move to one of the suites. The accomodations in the suites were excellent. I had a room with a balcony and a great view overlooking the bay. The bathroom had a glass shower and a seperate tub. The beds in both rooms were comfortable and clean. If the suites are within your budget I highly recommend them, if not then the regular rooms still offer a great stay, both are a great value in my opinion.

The staff at the hotel far exceeded my expectations. The customer service at this property was top notch. The front desk was always very friendly and willing to answer questions. There is a bar in the lobby for those looking to stay in. There is also a shuttle that will take you pretty much anywhere nearby that you might be interested in checking out. Park St in Alameda is just a few minutes away and offers plenty of great dining choices as well as shopping. The shuttle will even pick you up when you are done for the night. They offer complimentary hot breakfast every morning and on Fridays they have patio party at the bar that is a lot of fun.

Overall the Executive Inn & Suites is in a great location, has a great staff, clean, quiet rooms and is an excellent value. I can't wait for the next time my company sends me back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Our stay at the Executive Inn, Oakland was quite pleasant.  The room was clean and had a nice fridge.  The staff was exceedingly helpful.  They made us feel at home.  They went out of their way to accommodate our needs, especially transporting us to various locations on their shuttle.  Gwen made us feel like family with her support and advice.  We will be making the Executive Inn our place to stay in the future while in the Bay area.  They are great.

• Stayed: August 2011